Monday, September 9, 2013

Homemade Rice a Roni

A few months back, a recipe was shared with my Try a New Recipe Tuesday linkup from Tip Garden.  It was for homemade Rice a Roni.  My family loves it and I love the fact that they are having something that is wholesome and not full of artificial ingredients.

3/4 cup rice
1/4 cup broken spaghetti
1 tablespoon minced onion
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon chicken bouillon

In saucepan, mix together 2 tablespoons butter, 2 1/2 cups water and rice a roni packet ingredients from above.  Stir.  Heat to boiling.  Put lid on pan and reduce heat to simmer.  Simmer for 20 minutes.



Enjoy!  My family LOVES it!  :-)




Linking up with the Gathering SpotKids in the Kitchen, Tasty TuesdayTempt my Tummy TuesdayDomestically Divine Tuesday, Raising Mighty Arrows,Addicted to RecipesHomemaking Wednesdays, Living Well Wednesday,NOBH, Judy H-J's ThoughtsWisdom Wednesday , Favorite ThingsModest MomFull Plate Thursday and Melt in your Mouth Monday and Show Off Friday and Tuesday's Table and Look What We Did and Titus 2sday Mom's Monday MingleMonday MingleCrafty SpicesBetter Mom,Create with JoyThursday's TreasuresTasty Thursdays and Wonderful Food Wednesday and Mondays with Countrified Hicks and Tuesday How to Party and the Tried and True Recipe Party and Kids and Mom in the Kitchen and Family Fun Friday and Clever Chicks Blog Hop andAll My Bloggy Friends and Hearts for Home Blog Hop and Foodie Friends Friday and Family Fun Friday and TGIF Linky Party and Food on Friday andHip Homeschool MomsA Wise Woman Builds Her Home andGood Tastes Tuesday and Try a New Recipe Tuesday

Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Home to 4 Kiddos by Email and get our posts sent right to your inbox!

11 comments:

Chris said...

Ooooh, looks great!!
Pinning!

Thanks for sharing!

xoxo

Unknown said...

Sounds yummy! I think this would be a hit for lunchtime one day.

Unknown said...

Looks healthy and yummy Lisa! Thanks for sharing.

Amp said...

Following you here from Good Tastes Tuesday! This recipe is going on my to try list!
Ann

Simply Sherryl said...

Wow.. this looks simple and so much better to us. Thanks for sharing.


Connecting from Good Tastes Tuesday
http://www.sherrylwilson.com/good-tastes-tuesday/

Winnie said...

Must say that it sounds wonderful!!

TaMara Sloan said...

I love Rice a Roni, but I hate all the added "stuff" in it. I'll have to try this. Thanks for sharing at Food on Friday!

Miz Helen said...

I love Rice A Roni, homemade is better! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a fun weekend!
Come Back Soon,
Miz Helen

Unknown said...

This looks so good! I wonder why I have never thought to make my own before. So glad I can now! Thank you for sharing on Thursday's Treasures, I've featured this on Week 104. Please stop by and grab my buttons.

Bohemian Babushka said...

Here from Monday Mingle #133 and loving this recipe! Short, simple and scrumptious. Gracias & BB2U

Southern Lady said...

Just this past week I was wanting to make some home made Rica a Roni, so I'm glad I saw this on a Wise Woman's link up.