Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Wordless Wednesday- July 31

(Ok, not so wordless today!)  :-)

A friend of ours from church gave us tickets to the Philadelphia Eagles very first open Training Camp session at Lincoln Financial Field.

The older boys, hubby and I attended, as I didn't think it would be too much fun for the youngers.  It was really a learning experience to see how the team practices, what their drills entail and the rigors they are put through.  

I don't think the stadium/staff were prepared for such crowds during the pre-practice festivities, but hopefully, as time progresses, they will better accomodate the masses of people.  

The boys were very disappointed because the "Touchdown Toss" with the alumni that was scheduled for on the field after the practice had to be cancelled due to the terrible weather.  But, 8 of the alumni offered to sign autographs for them all.  It wasn't the same as being on the field with them, but it was still a special experience for the boys.

I'm sure you all heard/saw the reports of the weather in Philadelphia on Sunday.  8 inches of rain came down in less than 2 hours.  Luckilly, the weather held out for the practice itself, but after that, all 'you know what' broke loose.  We walked/ran almost 2 city blocks in it (through already calf-high waters) to get to our car and literally could ring out our clothes once we got to the car.  We did more laughing.  What else could you do?  Our boys had an awesome time and that is all that counts.  :-)






Herschel Walker ('92-'94)

5 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

That is A LOT of rain! So glad you were able to go to this great event and have a nice time. P.S. My copy of "25 Truths" came and I read through it. What a nice book! I really enjoyed and learned from it! It will be perfect for our weekly "Family Home Evenings" with my 17-year-old! Thanks for the recommendation!

Heather said...

Sounds like you all had a great time, aside from getting wet at the end. The weather has just been crazy this year, hasn't it? If it's not extreme fires in the west, it's extreme flooding everywhere else!My WW

Monique G. said...

My dad LOVES the Philadelphia Eagles. He grew up in southern Jersey and is a big fan. He would be so jealous. So glad you had a great time.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great family day, rain and all. I got caught in a torrential rain storm in NYC once, many years ago and we had a ball. It was my friend and I and we just walked in the pouring rain; we had no choice so we laughed and had fun! This was the day of the Diana Ross concert, we were going to go, decided against it. Check out the rain! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nceff0ntMfs

Aloha Acres said...

Jealous! I'm ready for some football!