Wednesday, July 17, 2013

TOS Review- Picaboo Yearbooks

Today I am reviewing a 20-page softcover yearbook that I got to make from Picaboo Yearbooks.


This was such a fun process and to see the final result was beyond what I could have even imagined!  If I tell you that my children have looked at it 1000 times already, I wouldn't be exaggerating!  It is such a wonderful memento to have and cherish.  It is beautiful and extremely professional looking.

I created a 20-page yearbook of our homeschool year on Picaboo's website.  At first, I was a little overwhelmed by all of the possibilities (font, backgrounds, images, cropping, shaping, etc.).  I visited YouTube and watched several of the many helpful video tutorials that Picaboo has posted.  Then, I was set to go!  I laid out my pages and selected/uploaded my photos.  There was a background to suit every page and even different clip art to add for decoration.  I don't think there is a theme or possibility that was overlooked.



My children belong to a homeschool bowling league and I was thrilled to find several bowling backgrounds and clip art for those pages.  I included a variety of clip-art on our field trip pages and science equipment on our experiments page.  
I will not lie to you.  This will take as little or as long as you want to put into it.  For any of you who read my blog frequently, you know that I LOVE to take photos.  We enjoy having a photo journal of our homeschooling journey, so I literally had to scour through thousands of pictures to decide which ones to use and how to theme my pages.  It was long and tiring, but SO much fun!  Picaboo even has a live chat feature that I did use a couple of times when I had some questions late at night as I plugged away.  :-)

Each time something is added onto your yearbook, it is automatically saved and you are able to log in or out at your convenience.  You can change your mind and shuffle pages into a different order or add a new one anywhere in the book.  It is so incredibly flexible.  You are only limited by your imagination.

The 20 page softcover yearbook is only $8.49.  Additional pages can be added for only .22 cents each. Shipping is only $8.99.  It is far less money than any "photo book" I have seen available and nothing beats how personalized and customizable it can be.  It is all yours to make as original and unique as your family!  :-)  This is something that my children and I decided we will do every year.  

Here are just a few photos of our finished product.  Flash photography doesn't do it a whole lot of justice, but I think you can tell how wonderful and special it is to us and can be for your family.







It will be a wonderful way to remember our homeschooling year.  Even if you don't homeschool, you could make one as a gift for family members or of your child's sports team or dance troupe.  It could even be a great way to work together with your children to photo document a special vacation or event.  Like I mentioned, the possibilities are endless and I know that you will be as delighted with the finished product as we have been!  I am planning on ordering copies for the kiddo's grandparents.  Thought it'd make a great gift.  :-)


Photobucket

2 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

That is so cool - and such a great price! My youngest son loves his year books and one year, when I taught at a small charter school and he was in 1st grade there, I took over the school year book (big job) just so my son would have a yearbook of 1st grade! This is a great way to relive wonderful memories of all the cool things you do in your home school! Thanks for sharing this!

Annette said...

I love how you displayed some of the pages. You packed a lot of pictures into your yearbook.

Annette @ A Net in Time
http://anetintimeschooling.weebly.com/a-net-in-time-blog.html