This week, I am grateful for many things. They include my children's imaginations. In a day and age where computers and video games seem to have robbed children of all of that, I love when they still can really think and play creatively.
The kids got to have a friend over on Monday for swimming and fun and I got to spend a wonderful afternoon chatting with his mom. Isn't it wonderful when you have a friend who is of like mind and values and who has a son the same age as yours? :-) :-) I'm just sorry I didn't get any photos of the kids playing. I was enjoying myself just as much since we have so much in common to talk about!
I am also thankful for the steady and talented hands of the orthodontist in putting my son's braces on. (yes, my oldest now has braces and this mama was a nervous wreck) There is much work ahead to do, but we are keeping our eyes on the "end game" and know that it will all be worth it.
I wrote last week about the Black Swallowtail butterfly caterpillar that we found outside. He(or she) has since become a chrysalis and the kiddos have really been interested in learning more about this type of butterfly, as we have only raised the Painted Ladies in the past. I was so glad that I was able to find a farm that sells Black Swallowtail caterpillars. The kiddos, hubby and I set up a little ecosystem for them and we were happy to put the new "babies" in their home. What a fun learning experience for us all. And, I just saw a couple more of them on our parsley outside. We will hopefully bring them in to join the others tomorrow. There is plenty of room in the inn! :-)
Linking up with ,Lisa at The Army Chap's Wife, NOBH,Miscellany Monday, Raising Homemakers and Modest Mom and Raising Mighty Arrows,, Spilled Milkshake,Crafty Spices, Mom's Monday Mingle, Monday Mingle, and Just the Stuff Ya Know , the Fontenot Four and A Sorta Fairytale and Family Fun Friday and TGIF Linky Party
9 comments:
Lots to be grateful for with your lovely family. Good luck with the braces. Josh has been in braces now almost three years. He was supposed to be in for 18 months tops. My oldest son had braces for two years, got them off and then had to have them put back on a month later. Kind of pain but he turned out with a very nice smile. Hope the rest of your week goes well. Will try to link up if I get time to do later today :-).
Nice thankful list. Visiting with like minded friends is awesome. My daughter also attended a sewing class years back and I am grateful for her experience she encountered. You reminded me of the butterfly kit my son received for his birthday. We have to order the caterpillars. Therefore, we have similar happenings going on at our house too.
Very nice post, and I especially enjoyed reading about the Black Swallowtail caterpillars
I LOVE thankful posts! It is fun to see how God is working in the lives of others. Giggled at the picture of the box play. My littles love that as well!
Decided to link with you this morning...counting my blessings always does me good. Thanks for the inspiration. have a great day.
http://dayinthelife2013.blogspot.com/
Looks like a loving home to be very thankful for friend!! God is Good all the time!
Thank you for the reminder to be thankful for all the little things in life. Sometimes we can be blinded by being consumed with the bigger things but, yes, being thankful for everything and thinking about it can make us remember how grateful we should be to God for everything in our lives. Thanks for the gentle reminder!
Love reading what you are thankful for!
I'm thankful for my kids' creativity as well. I love how they can come up with imaginative games and use simple household things and reinvent them in new ways.
I'm also very thankful for the wonderful Christian camp that my daughter has attended this week. It gave her some time with fun little girls and gave me a little bit of quiet time.
How fun! I love all the elephants! I absolutely love reading thankful posts!
Post a Comment