Friday, July 26, 2013

Homeschool Mother's Journal/Weekly Wrap-Up July 26


The last THMJ of July 2013!  Wow!  :-)  I cannot believe how quickly this month has gone.  And this has definitely been a busy and fun-filled week.

Kiddo #4 has had her camp at her old preschool in the morning (the theme this week was art, which is right up her alley!) and a sewing camp in the afternoon, so she has been especially busy, but loved every minute of it.



As I mentioned in my post on Thursday, she has made such amazing things.  The skirt and other items really are so impressive.  The two young ladies teaching the camp are terrific with the kids.



Also in Thursday's post was that we had company on Monday.  The kiddos were able to play with a friend, and I was able to have a nice afternoon with his mom.  :-)  It is so encouraging when you find a friend not only with whom you have so much in common, but with whom you share the same values and ideals.

On Tuesday, I hosted my weekly recipe linkup "Try a New Recipe Tuesday."  I shared Kiddo #4's Chocolate Cookie Caterpillars.  They were cute as they were yummy.  :-)  You can see her recipe and all of the others that were linked up here.  If you have one to share, feel free to join in.  The party remains open until Monday evening.



On Wednesday, Kiddo #1 got his braces on.  He has been quite uncomfortable.  Although it was over 30 years ago, I remember getting my braces on and wish I could tell him that there won't be any more pain.  But, I can't.  Not for a long while.  I can tell him in all honesty that it will be completely worth it someday.



On Thursday afternoon, after dropping Kiddo #4 at her sewing camp, my dad and I took the boys to my parents' church.  The church sits on a large, beautiful property.  The kiddos brought their bikes and badminton equipment.  The weather was such a pleasant and welcomed surprise after the extreme and intense heat we have had.  It was cool and breezy and a real joy to be outside.





When the birdie got stuck in a tree, Kiddo #1 tossed a racquet to knock it out.  Lo and behold, the racquet didn't come down.  Oops.  Now we had a racquet and a birdie up in one of the church's trees.  It really was quite humorous watching my father and three sons tossing their water bottles at the tree over and over again.  I guess I was glad that no one was around since we were making quite the spectacle of ourselves, but boy was it hilarious.  Kiddo #2 finally knocked the racquet down and Kiddo #1 followed shortly thereafter with the birdie.  :-)



At least it's never dull around here!  In the midst of all of this, I am planning next year's curriculum, writing a lot of reviews and planning for vacation.  Phew.

Hope your weekend is filled with much love, faith and family!

Linking up today with:  Homeschool Mother's JournalWeekly Wrap-UpNOBHShow-Off FridayLearn and Link and It's a WrapFriendship Friday and Friday Connection and Family Fun Friday and T.G.I.F. Linky Party

15 comments:

Brandi said...

I had a son here, too, who was in pain due to getting a new, thicker wire put in his braces. Had to eat cottage cheese and oatmeal for 2 days. :)

Deb J. in Utah said...

Another nice week of learning for your family. I totally understand the discomfort of braces. We have an appointment next week to see how much longer for Josh's braces. He has had them on almost three years! Hope you have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

Looks like great fun. My son (8 years old) had to get a fan appliance this week. Must have been the week for orthodontia work. :)
Tiffany
http://thecraftyhome.net

Sharon said...

Looks as if your daughter is developing some wonderful skills. Braces are tough...praying the pain subsides quickly.

laughinglioness.lisa@gmail.com said...

Busy week! We've gone through the same thing with the tree situation! Hope your kiddo adjusts to life in braces quickly ; )

Lucinda said...

It sounds like you had a lovely week. I love the colourful skirt your daughter made. I hope the planning is going well. Have a great vacation, when you go! Lucinda

Unknown said...

Wow! Love her skirt! Great colors! She's QUITE a seamstress. Cute caterpillars! We haven't been doing much fun cooking lately. Perhaps when the weather is cooler?

Christine said...

Oh, I remember the pain of braces. I wore them for 2.5 years and still had an overbite after that. I feel for him.

Love the sewing too...what a blessing for your daughter.

You have a lovely blog here. Thank you for your sweet comment at my place. Bless you!

Unknown said...

Braces! I have to bring two of my girls in for consultation - eek! Any words of advice for this nervous mama?

Karen said...

Love the skirt and top. She is really talented! Hope the braces are more comfortable now. I bet the birdie and racquet fiasco was quite funny. Happy Sunday Lisa!!!

Karen said...

Love the skirt and top. She is really talented! Hope the braces are more comfortable now. I bet the birdie and racquet fiasco was quite funny. Happy Sunday Lisa!!!

Jen said...

That cookie caterpillar looks like a real treat! And 3 boys trying to get something out of a tree...sounds like my childhood all over againg! I bet it was quite funny from a mother's perspective tho!

Jen said...

that cookie caterpillar look like a real treat!! I'll have to try it with my own littles sometime soon!

Winnie said...

What a wonderful and exciting week you had

k balman said...

Looks like a great week!