Friday, July 5, 2013

Homeschool Mother's Journal/Weekly Wrap-Up July 5



I hope everyone had a wonderful week!  Lots going on in the Home to 4 Kiddos the last few days. On Saturday, Kiddo #3 helped Dad hook up the soaker hose in the garden.


On Sunday, we bid our pastor goodbye.  There was a prayer service and a dinner immediately following.  He has been the pastor of our church for 21 years.  He is a good and holy man and will be missed.  He assured us all that he will be back to visit.  At almost 76, he deserves a happy and long retirement.  :-)

Kiddo #1 was able to capture a photo of a bright and beautiful visitor to the backyard


The kiddos swam every day and also enjoyed baking


and picking some peas from the garden


We also said goodbye to our kitchen set.  We donated it to the preschool that all of the kiddos attended.  We brought a piece to them a day, as it all wouldn't fit in the van at the same time.  :-)  I think most moms would agree that it is a little bit emotional in a mama's heart to give away something that was a big part of when your child(ren) were small.  Just another reminder that they all are growing up and fast.


I hosted my weekly "Try a New Recipe Tuesday" and shared my Meatless Chili.  You can see my recipe and all of those that were shared here.

On Thursday, July 4, I wrote a reflection on the importance of the day. I am so thankful for the freedoms that so many have sacrificed so much to attain and defend for each of us.  Click here to read the post.  I know you will not be dissappointed.  :-) 


We had a fun day having a barbeque with family and friends.  And, of course, the kiddos found time to get a dip in the pool.  :-)



Kiddo #4 also picked our first cucumber!  If you remember, they started these from seeds back in March;  It has been a wonderful journey seeing the plants grow, do well and produce a little harvest.



She also set up her very own Fourth of July "Pigie" parade.  Too cute!  ;-)


and what better way to end the week to watch some new butterflies emerge from their chrysali?  When we raised the butterflies a couple of weeks back, there were a few that didn't make it.  :-(  The company stood by their guarantee and sent us 5 more caterpillars.  The kids were beyond thrilled and we got to witness the amazing process yet again.


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  Stop by on Saturday afternoon, as I am hosting a super giveaway!


5 comments:

Lucinda said...

I love the pigie parade - so sweet! Your garden produce looks scrummy. This is the first year in a while we haven't planted anything. I am enjoying not having to tend it but when I see your delicious crops I am a little regretful! Have a wonderful weekend.
Lucinda

Meghan Carver said...

The piggie parade is adorable. Of course, you always have such wonderful photos, Lisa. :)

Monique G. said...

Your garden looks great. We have blooms are on all of our plants but no veggies yet.
We have been giving away the younger toys too. It's so hard to let go of those things. Memories are worth more than gold.
God Bless,
Monique

Linda at Apron Strings & other things said...

It's been a great week for you! I do like the idea of the soaker hose. We've discussed putting in some type of drip-irrigation, but have not taken that step yet. I hope it increases your harvest by basketsfull!
piggie parade is too cute - reminds me of my little girl. They are fun, aren't they?
(stopping by via Mother's HOmeschool Journal)

Kim said...

Our cukes are still itty bitty but we are awaiting them hopefully:). Loved reading about your week, and yes, giving away something like a kitchen set definitely makes me sad too!