Thursday, September 6, 2012

Thankful Thursday- September 6

I am so late in getting this post done, but I still wanted to do it, because it has been such a wonderful experience these past months thinking of the so many things for which I have to be grateful.

We were back into the full swing of homeschool today, thus there wasn't any real free time to put together a post.  But, that is definitely something to add to my gratitude list.  I have the incredible blessing to be able to educate my children in a way that benefits them best.  I can choose curriculum according to their needs, abilities and interests.



I am also grateful for being able to can fresh vegetables.  It has been a fun learning experience and I know we will enjoy delicious farm fresh veggies during the winter.  I bought some peas yesterday and the kiddos were happy to help.  It was really fun (especially when they would shoot out like mini bullets and fly through the air).  :-)




Most importantly this week, I am grateful for the precious gift of my children.  You see, Kiddo #1 and I were asked to help out with a funeral on Tuesday.  It was for a 3-day old baby boy.  To say it was heartwrenching would be an understatement.  The mother's sobs ripped open my heart.  But her incredible courage and faith, being there only days after an emergency c-section was an inspiration, as was her husband who held her up, both physically and emotionally.  I told her those things as she hugged me thank you at the end of the service. 

The sermon seemed to come from the mouth of the Lord Himself.  I pray that it gave the family some comfort and peace.  I have never heard more beautiful and appropriate words at a funeral.

So, even though this post is quite late, it is still written with the same sentiment and gratitude, just from a slightly overwhelmed, not quite unpacked from vacation homeschooling mama who is looking forward to settling back down into the routine.  :-)

Linking up today with Red Oak Lane, Raising Mighty Arrows, NOBH and A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings

5 comments:

Debbie Jones said...

I love your gratitude list. My "Thankful Thursday" post is late as well. Those fresh green beans look so good. Isn't that so cool that your children are helping and learning with this task. Enjoy the weekend to come.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad that you were able to reach and out and provide comfort for that momma. What a blessing you were to them!

Christina said...

A true example of giving thanks in all things. And what a blessing it is to homeschool and go at your own pace. Blessings! www.toshowthemjesus.com

Karen said...

Oh Lisa.. how terribly heartbreaking. I am sure after something like that you hugged your kids a little tighter. Hugs to you and yours.

Aloha Acres said...

I am so sorry. I somehow missed this post earlier in the week, but linked back up through your Weekly Wrap Up.
I know your heart hurt for that poor mother. I'm glad you were there for her. ((hugs))