Linking up with Field Trip Friday, Judy H-J's Thoughts, Mama to 4 Blessings, Create with Joy, NOBH, Favorite Things, Modest Mom
Tuesday, September 25, 2012
Wordless Wednesday- September 26
Yesterday (Tuesday), we visited "Howell Living History Farm." We got to experience some more of what life was like in the early 1900s. The theme was "wheat." The kids got to plant wheat, pull a horse plow (I don't think they realized quite how heavy it was), thresh, winow and grind the wheat. They also got to taste bread that was made with the grinded wheat topped with butter that they churned. I just love hands-on learning. I truly believe kids learn by DOING and "do" they did! :-) Much, much fun.
Linking up with Field Trip Friday, Judy H-J's Thoughts, Mama to 4 Blessings, Create with Joy, NOBH, Favorite Things, Modest Mom
Linking up with Field Trip Friday, Judy H-J's Thoughts, Mama to 4 Blessings, Create with Joy, NOBH, Favorite Things, Modest Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Very cool! You're lucky to live close to that!!!
So great! Awesome you live close to that!!!
You certainly come up with ways to make learning for your children very interesting Lisa! Lovely pictures!
how fun!!! great photos.
happy WW!
How fun!! I so wanted to join you, but I work Tues mornings. Buy the way...you were only 10 minutes from my house :)
It looks like you had so much fun! I don't think there is any better way to learn history than to actually experience it. And you made some great memories, too!
How fun! Thank you for sharing at my Our Favorite Things Link Party.
I love this kind of field trips! Love all the pictures Lisa.
Post a Comment