Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Thankful Thursday- September 20

Everyday I realize there is more and more for which to be thankful, especially every time I hear of a heartache, someone suffering, someone losing a loved one, a tragedy.....  I have been trying to be appreciative of the little things-- to realize all of the precious gifts that are given to me every day-- perhaps ones that would be overlooked due to the "busy"ness of life...

So, that being said, I am thankful for

kids who spontaneously ask mom to bake something with them


and how much fun is had in the process


and the delicious "results" of their labor


Since hubby and I went out to a movie the night of my actual birthday, the kiddos hadn't had the chance to sing happy birthday to me.  They very sweetly put a pile of the cookies on a plate and balanced number candles in between them to sing to me tonight.  Too cute.  :-) (and it would beat a store-bought cake anyday!)  :-)

Linking up today with Red Oak Lane, NOBH , A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings, Spilled Milkshake, Miscellany Monday,

10 comments:

Aloha Acres said...

I'm often amazed at how we tend to have more fun in the kitchen than anywhere else in the house. :)

Unknown said...

Awesome Thankful Thursday post today. We love baking together, but truth be told I do most the baking around here, so it truly is a treat when shared time together. God Bless!

Unknown said...

Happy belated Birthday! We love baking here. One of the kids favorite things to do. I agree the homemade cookies with them far outweighed a store bought 'professional' cake anyday. :)

Karen said...

Baking with Keilee is one of my favorite things! I should document it more like you do. I LOVE that they made your cookies for your birthday. You have some sweet kiddos there Lisa. :)

Christina said...

How sweet! Such loving kids! That must have made your day:) www.toshowthemjesus.com

Rebecca said...

Oh, I missed it! Happy Birthday!!!! LOVE seeing your kids in the kitchen....they're always so happy!

Anonymous said...

Your kiddos are so sweet! What a blessing:) Hope you had a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

Your kiddos are so sweet! What a blessing:) Hope you had a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

Those cookies look wonderful.

Lots of birthdays this week, huh?

Amy W Thornton said...

What a lovely post! I agree with you - there is much we can be thankful for every day. I hope you had a wonderful birthday. It sounds like you did! Thanks for linking up with NOBH. Smiles!