In my life/homeschool this week: Another busy and fun week. On Monday, the kiddos had their music lessons and Kiddo #4 had her IEW writing class. On Tuesday, we visited "Howell Living History Farm" for a wonderful presentation on wheat harvesting/planting/threshing/griding, etc., etc. :-))) Much hands-on fun to be had. I posted lots of pics here.
The kiddos also had their Italian lesson. They are progressing really well. The teacher just loves their enthusiasm. Yay! :-)
On Wednesday, after Kiddo #1 and 2's online class, we headed to my uncle's house in NJ to help get rid of some of the extra wood on his property. Recently a large tree fell on their house and another on my aunt's car totaling it. (thank goodness they were not in the car at the time), so they decided to take down about 12 trees that were looking pretty ominous around their property. My father-in-law, who uses a wood-burning stove said he could certainly use some of it, so we were helping two people out at the same time. While the kids and the hubby loaded and helped make the runs, I got to spend some time hanging out and chatting with my aunt and uncle. :-)
On Thursday, we headed down here to Bethany Beach, DE. It is quite beautiful and certainly peaceful this time of year. We stay on a military base that is right in the heart of everything and has great recreational accomodations. We couldn't be more pleased.
Friday, while the dh and Kiddo #1 headed up to Dover for a NASCAR event, Kiddos 2,3,4 and I headed to the private beach here on post. They had a lot of fun playing in the sand and just enjoying the water. I think that a miniature golf game just may be in the cards for later on. :-)
What I'm praying for: The list continues to grow. So many people know or love those who are sick or suffering, out of work and have asked for prayers. I also pray for our military and our nation.
P.S.- for anyone who may be interested, I wrote two posts earlier this week offering free printables. One post has art projects such as verse banks, a Last Supper Craft and window painting. That can be found here. The other post has a compound words worksheet along with garden copywork. You are free to download them for your children! Help yourself. :-)
Linking up with Create with Joy, Homeschool Mother's Journal, Weekly Wrap-Up, NOBH, Show-Off Friday and Learn and Link
9 comments:
Looks like a full and fun week!
Wow, looks like you are all having fun! I love that you are teaching your children Italian! Enjoy your weekend.
I was wondering if you were out of town Lisa. Missed reading your post this morning. :) I am sure your uncle was so glad you were able to help him. Bethany Beach looks beautiful. I hope you enjoy the weekend and have a blast. I know Kiddo 1 will enjoy the NASCAR event. :)
What a beautiful place to visit! Enjoy your time together....I know you will:)
The beach looks fun. We went last week to the beach here in SC, and it was so nice! Looks like a good and productive week. :-)
Looks like a very relaxing week! Beach and sand! And it's always wonderful to lend a helping hand to someone else!
We have just moved from Eastern Shore, Maryland to Tennessee. I know Bethany Beach and Dover very well as we lived in that area for 50 years! Sounds like you had a very busy and productive week!
Gosh your family seems to haved done loads of great things this past week.
Hope your weekend was a peaceful one.
Blessings
What a great week! We are trying to find some time to head to the shore within the next few weeks. We are thinking Point Pleasant, but we love Bethany too!!
Post a Comment