Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Look! What we did! Wednesday

Today, we made a Lenten craft I found over at Oriental Trading.  I was pleasantly surprised with the number of Christian crafts they have available.




I read on a friend's blog today something that struck me about the season of Lent.  It said, "Lent is a time to sacrifice, repent, and reflect. It’s not a time to indulge in Cadburry Creme Eggs and fill our homes with colorful bunnies."  So true.  She also said that this Easter, we should focus on the Lamb, not the bunnies.  Well said.  :-)  There are 50 days between Easter and Pentecost.  We are given 10 more days of the Easter season than we are of Lent.  Those days can be filled with candy, merriment, Easter crafts, etc.  But, in the meantime during Lent, I am really trying in our home to have our focus be on our own 40 days in the desert and prepare ourselves spiritually for Christ's Redeeming Gift to all of us.

The kids enjoyed doing the craft today.  :-)  I hope everyone is having a meaningful Lenten season!









Linking up with Theresa today at Red Oak Lane for Look What we did Wednesday.  Come over and share something special you did today!  :-)

9 comments:

Mrs. Nerdy said...

What a great post! So true about focusing on the Lamb rather than bunnies. Isn't is something that the most significant holidays in our Faith get overshadowed by baked ham, egg hunts, and candy? (PS: Just saw your comment on my blog...we are PA'ers too! Gotta get that PA history in our portfolios,lol! :)

Aloha Acres said...

I like that description of Lent. There's often so much confusion around it.

Christine said...

Where did you find the cool craft?

Unknown said...

Great craft and pictures! I miss the stations of the cross that we attended when we lived in north jersey!

BeMerryB-Right said...

This post is wonderful. I adore your family and would like to present your blog with an award. The Liebster award. Please see my blog for more information about your award. You are one of my favorite blogs. I would like you to have this award as a small token of my appreciation.
http://multitaskingwifelife.blogspot.com/

Carrie said...

Yes - Oriental Trading does have a large selection of Christian activities! Look again near summer as the catalog gears up for Bible summer programs! I love the myriad of possible activities to do during Lent! Thanks for sharing yours!

Unknown said...

On our island they do the stations of the cross and actually have someone carry a cross through the tiny town while everyone follows on foot - it's a touching sight to behold. Great craft with the kiddos!

Susan said...

Nice craft! The kids look like they had a good time :)
Thanks for linking up with "Look! What We Did!"

Anonymous said...

This post brought back memories of Fridays on my knees in Catholic school. Stations of the cross. There was a time when I resented that I had to do that, now I am grateful that was part of my childhood. Taught me such humility.