Monday, February 20, 2012

Try a New Recipe Tuesday

I am so happy that last week's "Try a New Recipe Tuesday" went so well!  There were a lot of delicious looking recipes shared that I know I will be trying soon.  I look forward to seeing a lot more today!

The recipe I am sharing with you today is an absolute favorite with everyone in my family.  Since I made them the first time, everyone asks for them at each subsequent celebration.  They are my glazed apple cookies.  I hope your family enjoys them as much as mine does!  :-)  And, as a side note, they freeze well.

Lisa's Glazed Apple Cookies

1/2 cup shortening
1 1/3 cups packed brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup + of apples (peeled, cored, and finely diced)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda

Glaze ingredients
1/3 cup softened butter or margarine
3 cups confectioners' sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 tablespoons milk

Beat shortening and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.  Beat in egg and blend thoroughly.  Stir together flour, soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg.  Stir 1/2 of the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture.  Stir in apples, then stir in remaining 1/2 of the dry ingredients and milk.  Mix well.  Drop from tablespoon 1 1/2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheet.  Bake in 400 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.  Remove cookies to rack and while still warm, spread with glaze.  :-)


Now it's time for you to share a recipe with us.  :-)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

All linked up - and those cookies look yummy :)

Anonymous said...

Love these cookies!!

Unknown said...

something doesn't look right - there's no linky pics -or words- is it me? linked up

Rebecca said...

Those look SUPER yummy!!!!

Monique G. said...

The cookies look yummy! I have to find the gluten free chicken nugget recipe I came up with to link up.
Congrats on the blog award, you can check it out here
http://mountainofgrace-monique.blogspot.com/2012/02/blog-awards.html

Michelle @ Changed By The Maker said...

Hi Lisa! I did it! I don't post too many recipes, but I found a nice simple, relatively healthy one that I make often. Hope someone can make use of it. Your cookies looked great, but I'm still thinking about those chocolate chip muffins from last week! Thanks for the opportunity to link-up!

MomLaur said...

those look super good!