Today we made our own savings banks. I saved empty hot chocolate tins and printed various pictures on sticker paper for the kids to use for decorations. I also printed out several Scripture verses that I thought would be appropriate (good reminders for saving!) on their banks:
"Dishonest money dwindles away, but he who gathers money little by little makes it grow." -- Proverbs 13:11
"The wise man saves for the future but the foolish man spends whatever he gets." -- Proverbs 21:20
"On the first day of every week, each one of you is to put aside and save as may prosper, so that no collections be made when I come." -- 1 Corinthians 16:2
Didn't they do a nice job? :-)
11 comments:
Oh! I love those verses! I have one that wants to spend everything he gets, but he's also the one that always has a big list of stuff he wants!!! We just keep plugging away trying to teach them to relate rightly to money! I'm going to use those verses somehow. THANKS!
What a great idea!
Love this idea! I know I have said this before, but I love love love that your little girl is always in her pj's. That is exactly how we roll here too :)
What a great idea, Lisa! I especially love that you took the time to print Bible verses for the tins. There's nothing more powerful than seeing God's Word!
I think they turned out great! You can sure tell which one is the girl's and which ones are the boy's!
My kids would love to do this craft! Thanks for the idea...
These are great! Thank you for linking up! What a great way to remember those verses!
Great idea! I like how the kids personalized their own banks :)
Thanks for linking with "Look! What We Did!"
That's fabulous! I've been saving supplies so the kids can make up nicer savings banks for their savings and offerings. I love the idea of adding scriptures to the banks. Thank you!
These banks are cute. Wonderful to teach your children the ability to save money.
Those are cute! :)
Post a Comment