The boys had their rifle and tractor classes with 4-H (they are taking their written and driving tractor exams this morning (Saturday). Please say a prayer! They had to study 250+ questions and have been pretty stressed with it this week). :-)
On Monday, Kiddo #4 finished her latest masterpiece-- footie pajamas for her American Girl doll. Aren't they just precious? It amazes me everyday how talented this kid is. :-)
On Tuesday, our church had a family Stations of the Cross devotion. Kiddo #2 and I read for our family. He did such a good job! Kiddo #4 was a candle bearer. I am so proud of my kiddos. :-)
Wow! 3 football fields long of wow. This ship is the most decorated battleship in American history, fighting in WWII. Korea, Vietnam and in the Middle East.
It is like stepping back in time as we descending the many stairs, climbed in the bunks and even spent time in the brig! :-) The kiddos got to sit on the apparatus that would carry a sailor from one ship to another. Think my boys are a bit taller than the average sailor, lol. :-)
After visiting the Battleship, we crossed the river back into PA and went onto the old Philadelphia Navy Yard. Once, a huge and bustling military base, it is now a hub of offices, hotel and other space since the base was officially closed some years back. There is also a shipyard where many ships continue to be built. We saw some old mothballed ships as well as an aircraft carrier. Pretty cool. I hadn't been on the base in years. I was friends with girls whose dads were stationed there. One of them was an admiral. I have to say it was an experience to be had as a 10 year old girl getting escorted onto the base to the Admiral's house. for an overnight sleepover, lol. :-) I showed my kids the house (it still stands) right on the river. Just as lovely as I remembered it from over 35 years ago. The base is so large that our prom limo got lost (a friend from high school's dad was stationed there. I haven't seen her in years. We double dated to the prom). I think those townhomes were all dozed. Didn't see any of them, but we didn't drive through much of the base. It is its own zip code and would take much more time to explore. Kiddo #1 did enjoy seeing airplanes coming in right over our heads to land to the nearby Philadelphia International Airport.
It was a great week, one filled with much learning and fun. Hope you have a wonderful and blessed weekend!
My posts this week:
Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Home to 4 Kiddos by Email and get our posts sent right to your inbox!
5 comments:
I enjoyed your post today. What a great trip! Yes, your daughter is so talented. I hope your boys did well on their test.
Peace...
~Naila Moon
Looks like a lot of fun! My daughter wants to know where your daughter found the footie pajama pattern, or did she design it herself? She wants to try making them too :)
Love blog posts with all sorts of pictures of the kiddos :)
Thanks for sharing! Looks like it was a fun week :)
Your field trip to the ship and Naval base looks extremely interesting. That is something our family would enjoy as well. Yes, your daughter really is talented. Just think of how she will be able to sew her own prom dress one day! Have a good Sunday!
What a super cool field trip!! I absolutely love your DD's pj's, too. Awesome!
Post a Comment