I wanted to try something new for my mom's birthday celebration, so I found and adapted this recipe.
1 1/2 cups shortening
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
2 cups packed brown sugar
3 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups oats
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp. baking soda
Cream shortening and peanut butter. Add brown sugar, eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Add in oats, flour, soda to mixture.
Drop onto sheet by teaspoonful. Press down with a fork each way making a criss-cross and bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees.
We all enjoyed this new treat. Hope you will, too! :-)
I did step-by-step photos of baking the cookies, but somehow they disappeared from the camera. :-( But, I did manage to get a few of the finished product.
Linking up with the Gathering Spot, Kids in the Kitchen, Domestically Divine Tuesday, Raising Mighty Arrows,Addicted to Recipes, Homemaking Wednesdays, Living Well Wednesday,NOBH, Claire Justine, Wisdom Wednesday , Favorite Things, Modest Mom, Full Plate Thursday and Melt in your Mouth Monday and Show Off Friday and Tuesday's Table and Look What We Did and Titus 2sday, Mom's Monday Mingle, Monday Mingle, Crafty Spices, Better Mom,Create with Joy, Thursday's Treasures, Tasty Thursdays and Wonderful Food Wednesday and Tuesday How to Party and the Tried and True Recipe Party and Kids and Mom in the Kitchen and Family Fun Friday and Clever Chicks Blog Hop andAll My Bloggy Friends and Hearts for Home Blog Hop and Foodie Friends Friday and Family Fun Friday and TGIF Linky Party and Food on Friday andHip Homeschool Moms, A Wise Woman Builds Her Home andGood Tastes Tuesday and Thriving Thursday and Friday Flash Blog Hop
Don't miss a thing!
Subscribe to Home to 4 Kiddos by Email and get our posts sent right to your inbox!
5 comments:
We love PB cookies, and I just love the using of oats!
They must be more crispier with the oats :)
I'm allergic to peanut butter but you have just combined my husband's two favorite cookies! I will definitely be giving this a try - he will love it.
We love peanut butter cookies. Yummy!
These look o good! I am gonna have to try them. i wonder if they would be good with Almond Butter too?
Hi Lisa,
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies are one of my favorites, makes me hungry for a cookie! Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great day!
Miz Helen
Post a Comment