Wow! It's March! :-)
In my life/homeschool this week: Another good week at the Home to 4 Kiddos.
On Monday, Kiddo #4's sewing lesson was cancelled. Her teacher was sick. Kiddo was disappointed, of course, but certainly understood and is hoping that Miss Ilsa is feeling better soon.
We are continuing with our special activities for Lent and reading some beautiful books together. I wrote about some of these things in my Monday post that you can read here.
On Tuesday, I hosted my weekly recipe linkup. As of this writing, there are 67 recipes and counting shared! Wow! It is the most ever for my little blog hop. :-) You can see my chocolate chip banana bread recipe and all of the others here.
Kiddo #4 started a powerpoint all about her and her "pigies." I can't wait to see it. The animations so far look terrific.
The Kiddo's Italian lesson was also on Tuesday. One of the activities the teacher did with them was to give them bananagram letters and have them spell as many words in Italian as they could. What a fun idea. :-)
On Wednesday, Kiddos 1 and 2 had their online class while Kiddos 3 and 4 worked on division with remainders. They got it and quick! :-) I also posted some random photos on my Wordless Wednesday post that you can see here. On Thursday, I also posted some fun photos and asked for your prayers for my husband's grandmother. You can see that post here.
On Thursday, the Kiddos played a game that I had bought last week. It is definitely my Favorite Resource this week. I had decided to cash in my container of coins and got enough to surprise the kiddos with this game and a couple of others things that we needed at the store. How awesome was that! Coins do add up.
The game is called "Name that State." It is a fast-paced fun way to learn U.S. geography, state capitals and some basic facts about each state. They had a lot of fun. Hey! What a concept! Learning can be fun. :-) :-)
In my class at church on Thursday, I continued to work on a lapbook with my students. (yes, I have introduced them to lapbooking and they love it!) We also saw a film about Holy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter. It was animated, but very well done. I want to look into the title so I can try to pick it up for my children. Kiddo #1 had his Civil Air Patrol meeting. He is thrilled about an upcoming opportunity to fly in a C-130, among many other trips and activities coming up soon.
What I'm reading: "Holey, Wholly, Holy" "The Interior Castle"
A photo or quote to share: "As Lent is the time for greater love, listen to Jesus' thirst... 'Repent and believe' Jesus tells us. What are we to repent? Our indifference, our hardness of heart. What are we to believe? Jesus thirsts even now, in your heart and in the poor-- He knows your weakness. He wants only your love, wants only the chance to love you."-- Blessed Teresa of Calcutta
Linking up today with: Homeschool Mother's Journal, Weekly Wrap-Up, NOBH, Show-Off Friday, Learn and Link and It's a Wrap, Friendship Friday and Friday Connection
9 comments:
I think we may need one of those games! Your recipe linky is going like - hot cakes ;) enjoy your weekend!
Oh, did you make the blue, yellow and tan afghan? There's something special about a homemade afghan! We have several around from great grandmother (now passed). She had a unique sense of color scheme, but they're still wonderful. ;)
We are studying the states. We'll have to look into the game. Learning while having fun is always a plus! I like the books you are reading.
Hope you have another wonderful week!
God Bless
The game looks fun! And the banana bread sounds delicious --- I think I need to try your recipe! Have a great week.
A great week Lisa. That game looks fun. We are huge game players here. I just made banana bread last night. Keilee was working on an Art Journal page and I was making bread and it was a wonderful way to spend Friday night. I love the idea of using Banagrams for Italian! Keilee likes to use them to make works all pertaining to one subject and let me guess. :) Happy weekend Lisa!
I'm definitely going to check out your bread recipe - anything with chocolate chips grabs my attention! We're learning a parable a week here for Lent...and I saved your resurrection activity from last year so I'll plan for that too :)
Sounds like a busy week.
http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2013/03/back-from-future.html
Love the photo of y'all cuddling together on the couch! That's definitely our favorite way to enjoy a book together:)
Love the photo of y'all cuddling together on the couch! That's definitely our favorite way to enjoy a book together:)
Post a Comment