Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Look! What we did!--Ash Wednesday

I am happy to be linking up today with Theresa at Red Oak Lane for her weekly Look! What we did!  linkup.  Come over and share something special you did with your family today.

Today is Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent.  We will be doing a lot of special activities, readings, crafts and meditations to get ourselves ready for Holy Week and Easter, but we started our Lenten Journey today with the making of a giant cross on the basement door.




Each time one of the children says a kind word to someone, they will be able to add a flower to the cross.  It is my hope, that by Easter Sunday, the cross will be filled with beautiful Easter lillies and will become a beautiful sign of Christ's Resurrection!

9 comments:

Dawn said...

LOVE IT! (And the new look of your blog too!) Blessings!

Mary Prather said...

What a great idea :-)

Allison said...

That is a beautiful idea! The kids will be able to see how their words can make something beautiful "bloom" in their home.

Unknown said...

That is such a lovely idea!!

Nikki @ Simplystriving said...

Love this idea, Lisa! Hope to see pics of your cross come Easter :)
thanks for sharing with me! I'm going to have to remember this one for next year....
All for Him,
Nikki

Anonymous said...

Great idea!! Thank your for linking up!!

This reminds me of the paper Christmas chain idea I got from you for Christmas.

mel said...

This is great! I cant wait to see the finished cross. Your blog looks great,

Ticia said...

What a great idea! Hopping over from Look What we did!

Kosel Family said...

What a lovely idea! I think I'll start this with the kids tomorrow, we need this badly! God bless!