Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thankful Thursday- April 18

Before I post the happy photos of my children and how grateful I am for them and my family, I just couldn't ignore the events of this week-- firstly the attack in Boston, and now the huge explosion in Texas.  My mind cannot wrap around injuries and devastation like has been described to us.  My husband has told me that these are things that he and countless others have experienced while in combat.  They shouldn't be experienced on the streets and small towns of our nation.

I am thankful for the bystanders and strangers who offered help, medical assistance, an encouraging word or their prayers. I am thankful for the many doctors, nurses and medical personnel in Boston and in Texas who are putting their training and experience to the ultimate test and who have become like surgeons in a M*A*S*H unit in an instant.  May God help us all......

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will still post my photos, because I want my children to know I am grateful for them and the special times we share together.  And, all the more now, with all of the devastation surrounding us, let us all tell our children how grateful we are for them and tell them we love them a few extra times today....

There was a fun matching flash-card activity with our Italian vocabulary words:



and I was given my first sewing lesson by Kiddo #4:




and we had a little helper, too.  :-)

Keeping everyone in Boston and Texas in my thoughts and prayers.......

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, my heart goes out to the victims and their families. So very sad. Yes, it is definitely a reminder to hug our children tighter and love them extra. Thanks for sharing. :-)

Karen said...

It has been a rough week. I can not imagine how families and friends are feeling. I love, as always, all the great photos of your kids. They always look so happy and like they are having such fun.

XmasDolly said...

First off thanks for hooking up with us at Thankful Thursday & A song. I totally agree with your opening, and loved how you put it, and all I could possibly add to that is Amen. Loving your pics of the kids & your kiddo is teaching you how to sew? Very cool indeed. Thanks for sharing.

Carrie said...

Yes, it's been a horrible week. Boston, contaminated letters, now the plant explosion. I'm grateful that I can lean completely on the Lord, for everything...even when my heart cannot understand.

Anna said...

Hi!

I'm a new follower from the Thankful Thursday link up.

My heart is breaking for those who were affected by the Boston Marathon explosions as well as the explosion in Texas. I can't even imagine what those victims and family went through/are going through.

You have a beautiful family. :)

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

Tough week for sure and I think that is why prayer was so much on my mind today.

Thanks for coming by today too.

Peace...Naila Moon

Connie Irwin said...

What is your darling daughter teaching you to sew?

Unknown said...

Such a sad week. Praying for Boston and for Texas!! Love the pics of your little one teaching you how to sew!