Monday, April 8, 2013

Try a New Recipe Tuesday- April 9

It's time again for "Try a New Recipe Tuesday!"  I look forward each week to your submissions.

I have been using my pressure canner quite a bit again in the last few days.  Today, I canned fresh pineapple.  :-)



I processed the pint jars at 10 pounds of pressure for 18 minutes.  I boiled a water/sugar syrup to ladle onto the pineapple chunks in the jar. (I used a 1 to 1 ratio of cups of water and cups of sugar.


You can alter it to your personal preference)  I may just go back to the store tomorrow and pick up some more pineapple as it was on sale.



Last week's submissions were all wonderful, as usual! :-) Here are this week's features:









26 comments:

Miz Helen said...

Hi Lisa,
Hope you have a great week and thanks for hosting!
Miz Helen

Winnie said...

Thank you soooooo much for featuring my Apple muffins. I'm honored!
Have a wonderful week and thanks for another party

Mamal Diane said...

I have never canned pineapple...not sure why not. It's my favorite :) Thanks for sharing and hosting another great party. Enjoy your day. My almost 2 year old grandson is spending the day with me :)

Unknown said...

Pineapple is my favourite fruit Lisa! I could have some right now. Thanks for hosting and have a good day.

Debbie Jones said...

I love pineapple. Thanks for teaching us how to can it! Hope your week is going well!

Joy said...

I'm new to your party- I love it already! Great features from last week.

Thanks for hosting, and have a wonderful week!

Joy @ Yesterfood.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting and for featuring us last week! It is so exciting!
Have a blessed day!
Gloria and Julia @ resourcefulgals.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for hosting Lisa! Hope you're having a great week!

Chris said...

Thanks LIsa, for hosting:)

The canning looks so fantastic!Good for you....

I;ll be back later to check out the other recipes....can you pls spread word of my giveaway as well when you get a minute?

Thanks SO much friend.

Unknown said...

Yum - I would never have thought about canning pineapple!

Twisted Cinderella said...

Thanks so much for featuring my oatmeal! I love the sound of canned pineapple!

I shared a yummy breakfast idea this time!

Carrie said...

Oh, yum! Homemade pretzels - I've got to try this one! I miss soft, warm pretzels - it was a staple lunch diet in high school! Your canning is brilliant. I've never tried this but I heard the equipment can be pricey?

noreen said...

Hi Lisa, I've never canned anything in my life. How long are they good for?

Lisa Boyle said...

Carrie, it was under $200. I saved for awhile, but it has been so worth it. I have used it a lot. And, I am told that this particular brand will last until my grandchildren! (I can hope, anyway) :-)

Lisa Boyle said...

Noreen, canned goods will be good for between a year and 2 years. After that, they don't go bad, but will begin to lose taste. We are still enjoying our fresh corn and peas that we canned last summer. It is wonderful to have summer fruits and veggies all year long! :-)

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa

Thanks for hosting again! I love my pressure canner! I started canning last summer - still a newbie but learning as I go! http://rediscovermom.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa! Thanks for hosting! I shared mine & my son's ratatouille recipe. :)

Candace said...

Love this! Will now try canning pineapple. Thank you.

laughwithusblog said...

I've never done any canning, but how nice to have that pineapple on hand. Yum!

Unknown said...

thanks for linking up with Kids in the Kitchen - I love your pineapple canning. Pinned and shared! (I need a pressure canner) :)

Unknown said...

Hi there! What a great idea! I never thought about canning fresh pineapple before. (I'm just now getting into canning). I'm going to pin this!

I'm visiting from www.artistic31mama.com and the Mom's Monday Mingle. I'm one of the co-hosts and I'm so glad you joined us! I am following via GFC and Google+ I hope you have a wonderful week!

Stefanie said...

Oh my! How delicious! My girls would love that.

Jennifer said...

Pineapple is one of my favorite fruits. I've never seen it canned like that before. In our house it disappears almost as soon as it is cut.

Unknown said...

Yumm. That pineapple looks amazing. I know pineapple is on sale this week, but I am wondering if it is cheaper to can it then buy canned fruit. Hmmm. Something to think about.

Miz Helen said...

Thank you very much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great week!
Come Back Soon,
Miz Helen

Kristina said...

Never phased me that you could can pineapple!! Thanks for sharing!!