I just haven't been able to blog much this week. :-( But, I did want to share about our week, so I guess my slogan this week is definitely "better late than never."
Easter was wonderful. My parents prepared a delicious dinner that we shared with each other, my aunt and uncle and my in-laws. Kiddo #4 and I did the baking. :-) She was so proud to wear the skirt that she designed and sewed herself.
Easter Monday was a day off for us to enjoy with each other. The kids played, relaxed and I took care of some necessary paperwork and of course, lots of laundry. There is always plenty of that to go around.
Back to the grind on Tuesday. We enjoyed our Italian lesson. The kiddos are learning so much. I also hosted my weekly "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." Come by and see all of the delicious recipes that were shared, in addition to my homemade Pizzelles and Kiddo #4's Cocoa Crackles. You can see them all here.
On Wednesday, Kiddos 1 and 2 started a new online class.
Kiddo #3 continued to make his power point presentation. He takes all of the photographs himself, adds music and narration of the story. I really enjoy watching them, as well as seeing how much work and effort he puts into each one.
I won a contest recently and was awarded the book "The Chicken and the Dog." What a cute story. Kiddo #4 read it to us all on Thursday. Thursday concluded with our classes at church as well as Kiddo#1's Civil Air Patrol.
After our schoolwork on Friday, Kiddos #1 and 4 made us all homemade donuts and they got a much deserved time to bike ride. We are having such beautiful weather and I wanted them to be able to take advantage of it.
We are also taking very good care of our little plants. Yes, most of our seeds have now turned into plants. It is wonderful to witness the process and to teach the children how to care for and nurture them.
Linking up today with: Homeschool Mother's Journal, Weekly Wrap-Up, NOBH, Show-Off Friday, Learn and Link and It's a Wrap, Friendship Friday and Friday Connection
7 comments:
I found your blog over at Weekly Wrap-Up. I must say, I am very impressed that your daughter designed and created her own skirt! I always wished that I had learned to sew, so now I'm trying to teach myself. Come see how our homeschool week went at http://fearfultofearlessblog.com/homeschool-journal-2/
How awesome to have plants! Our seeds are tiny sproutings so far, but we have lots so hopefully that will means lots of plants in the garden soon.
The little skirt your daughter made is so bright and pretty! I love that you are teaching her so sew! I have been doing a bit of sewing this weekend myself. Post to come soon! Enjoy the rest of this weekend!
Cute skirt! She did a great job!
Your daughter did a good job on her skirt. And homemade donuts sound yum!
What a beautiful week! I love your daughter's outfit...so colorful and spring like:) I am impressed with her skill!
We've been making donuts too:) In fact, we're about to make some now!
I love Kiddo #4's skirt! it's beautiful!!
I love the soda bottle terrariums, too....this summer the library theme is Dig into Reading...hmmm..I am thinking I could make those as a craft!
Post a Comment