Monday, March 11, 2013

Try a New Recipe Tuesday- March 12


Here it is Tuesday again.  I love how much this recipe share has grown!  Thanks for your participation and support.  :-)

This week I am sharing the homemade donuts we have made a couple of times this past week!  My husband got me the donut pans for Christmas and they have been calling my name for over 2 months!  The donuts turned out delicious.  I made them with vanilla glaze, chocolate glaze and cinnamon sugar topping.

Lisa's baked donuts
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tbsp. butter, melted

Lightly grease donut pan.  Preheat over to 425.  Combine buttermilk, eggs and butter.  In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients and add to other bowl a little at a time, mixing well.


Bake for 8 minutes.


I like to put my glaze/frosting on my donuts while they are still warm, so it melts over it and coats it well, so I would suggest you make your frosting first.  Here are the frostings/toppings I used:

Vanilla
3 cups confectioners' sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1/3 cup softened butter (5 1/3 tablespoons)
2 teaspoons vanilla


Chocolate
same as above, but add a little unsweetened cocoa at a time until the color/taste is to your liking


Cinnamon Sugar
mix 1 tablespoon cinnamon and 2 tablespoons sugar in a bowl.  Melt a little butter in another bowl.  Dip the warm donut in the butter, then the mixture and coat it well.  :-)


Hope you enjoy them as much as everyone here did!  :-)
Now it's on to this week's features.  I loved all the submissions and am sorry that space and time only allow to me to feature 5.  Congratulations to those featured.  Please grab a "I've been featured" button from the sidebar.  :-)

Here they are in no particular order:

Creamy Capellini with Leeks and Bacon at Olla Podrida

How to Make Your Own Granola at Harrington Harmonies

Yummy Lemon Pepper Chicken at Adventurez in Childrearing

Baked Ziti for a Crowd at The Frugal Pantry

Low Calorie but Tasty at Life Through My Lens

Linking up with the Gathering SpotKids in the Kitchen, Tasty TuesdayTempt my Tummy TuesdayDomestically Divine Tuesday, Raising Mighty Arrows,Addicted to RecipesHomemaking Wednesdays, Living Well Wednesday,NOBH, Judy H-J's ThoughtsWisdom Wednesday , Favorite ThingsModest MomFull Plate Thursday and Melt in your Mouth Monday and Show Off Friday and Tuesday's Table and Look What We Did and Titus 2sday Mom's Monday MingleMonday MingleCrafty SpicesBetter Mom,Create with JoyThursday's TreasuresTasty Thursdays and Wonderful Food Wednesday and Mondays with Countrified Hicks and Tuesday How to Party and the Tried and True Recipe Party and Kids and Mom in the Kitchen


26 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh, now I'm hungry! I'll have a yummy recipe for you tomorrow! I always look forward to your posts!

Shandy said...

Those donuts look great, Lisa! They'd be a hit in our house :)

The Provision Room said...

Thanks for hosting the great link-up! We've posted a recipe for carrot souffle. It's usually a Thanksgiving thing, but it often shows up at Easter, too. :-) So yummy! ENJOY!

Winnie said...

Great looking donuts!
I'd looooooooove one of two with my hot tea right now :)
Thank you for the party and I wish you a great week!

Mamal Diane said...

I love the idea of baking them instead of frying. Thanks for the great recipe and for hosting Lisa :)

Morsels of Life | CJ Huang said...

Looks like some great features! Thanks for hosting, Lisa. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for hosting! Hope you have a super week Lisa!

Lisa Lynn said...

Your donuts look divine! Thanks for sharing with us :)

Unknown said...

Pinned that recipe - yummy! thanks for showing off our Lemon Pepper Chicken recipe - enjoy your week!

Twisted Cinderella said...

Those look so yummy!!!!

TRICIA said...

Those donuts look great!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lisa, your doughnuts look absolutely delicious! I wanted to invite you to join my How To Tuesday link party, if you haven't already joined . It would be wonderful to have you!

http://housewifehowtos.com/linkage/link-party-2/how-to-tuesday-link-party-12-and-features/

Moniksca said...

I'm now in the market for a doughnut pan.

Moniksca said...

I'm now in the market for a doughnut pan.

From Scratch said...

I've never tried baking them. You've inspired me!

Katherines Corner said...

hopping over to your sweet blog. Oh my pass the milk please these donuts look delish. xo

Ashley P. said...

oh those donuts look delicious!

Langworthy said...

These donuts look so yummy! I'll have to try your recipe-I always thought making donuts would be way more complicated than this! Thanks for hosting the link-up!

Debbie Jones said...

I really want to try those donuts! They look so tasty! Thanks for hosting. Enjoy your week!

Pattie Tierney said...

How thrilling to be featured! Thanks so much, the capellini really is delicious.

Kathy Walker said...

When I was a kid, my mom would make donuts...I loved the different ways that she decorated the holes!

kewkew said...

I never knew there were such things as donut pans. They looks so good. Thanks for the linky.
I hope you can stop by and link up with Kids and a Mom in the Kitchen this week.

Miz Helen said...

Have a great St. Patrick's Day and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday!
Come Back Soon,
Miz Helen

Unknown said...

I keep saying I need to make doughnuts - these look great!

Found you at Miz Helen's!

kewkew said...

Thanks for linking these up at Kids and a Mom in the Kitchen!

Kristina said...

Stopping by from Blogging HOmeschoolers on FB!

Drooling over those yummy looking donuts and everything shared in the link up!