Monday, March 11, 2013

Memoir Monday- March 11

Unpredictable: uncertain, variable, erratic

"Unpredictable" can best describe the weather we have been having here lately.  On Friday, my poor snow-deprived children (yes, here in our area of PA, there has been NO measurable snow this year) ran outside to "play" in the few inches that had fallen.  How could a mother refuse?  I had wished and hoped for at least one significant snowfall so they could make a snowman and go sledding, but that doesn't look like it will come to pass.  They made the best out of it.





When they came in, they enjoyed the homemade donuts I was working on.



The following day, within 24 hours of a snowfall, albeit a small one, was close to 60 degrees and the children were out riding their bicycles after a fun game of bingo and more donuts.  :-)






Unpredictable weather indeed.

The beauty of childhood is that they can find their innocent joy in all that they do.  "Uncertain, variable and erratic" to an adult would cause worry, alarm or panic.  Not for a child.  If it snows, they throw a snowball.  If it is sunny, they run for their bikes.  It is in their innocence that I find my joy.  It is their unbridled enthusiasm that I cherish and encourage.  I do not want to stifle it, for they can make even the most unpredictable beautiful......

Linking up with:  On, in and around Mondays in addition to Wisdom Wednesday, Living Well Wednesday, Mom's Monday Mingle, Monday Mingle, Modest Mom, Crazy Mama, Homemaking Wednesdays and Raising Mighty Arrows and Titus 2sday and Clever Chicks Blog Hop and Memoir Monday and Mondays with Countrified Hicks and Create with Joy

7 comments:

Chris said...

Oh my goodness, I love the descriptions, Lisa! Thanks for linking up and sharing your photos, reflections and your family....

I love this...so true :
The beauty of childhood is that they can find their innocent joy in all that they do. "Uncertain, variable and erratic" to an adult would cause worry, alarm or panic. Not for a child.

Thanks, friend....

xoxoxo

Catch My Words said...

I'm surprised this was your first significant snow fall in Pennsylvania. We haven't had any, but that's not surprising in Tennessee. We have had the 60* weather though. Today it's in the lower 40s. Up & down too.

http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

Home School Mom: Denise said...

Homemade Donuts! I'm coming over! You make me wish I were a kid again too! What lovely memories ;)
God bless,
Denise

Unknown said...

Lovely - it really is the simple joys that grab me the most :)

Debbie Jones said...

Those donuts look so yummy. Thanks for sharing the simple joys of childhood in your family. Hope you get a bit more snow.

Unknown said...

What a great idea! I'm stopping by from the Linky Love Party. I hope you will come over to my party and share some great recipes on http://rediscovermom.blogspot.com/2013/03/tried-and-true-recipe-party-3.html

Unknown said...

I'm stopping by from the Linky Love Party. I hope you will come over to my party and share some great recipes on http://rediscovermom.blogspot.com/2013/03/tried-and-true-recipe-party-3.html