Friday, March 8, 2013

Homeschool Mother's Journal/Weekly Wrap-Up March 8

The first week of March is done!

In my life/homeschool this week

On Sunday, hubby and I took the kiddos to a RV show.  It was fun climbing in and out of all of them.  Maybe someday!  :-)




Monday was regular type of day with schoolwork, but the older boys got to help their grandfather put together a tv stand.  These are the moments that every homeschooler cherishes.  I wrote about this in my Thankful Thursday post here.  On Monday, I also posted about how much I love and appreciate the "ordinary" moments.  You can see that post here.


On Tuesday, I also hosted my weekly recipe linkup.  Over 60 recipes have been shared so far!  It will be open all week.  If you have a recipe to share, or want some great ideas for a meal or dessert or just want to see more pictures, click here to take a look.  :-)  This week I shared Kiddo #4's Smiley Face Cookies.



Wednesday found Kiddos 3 and 4 learning about various lizards!  Did you know that certain lizards can  release their tails to escape a predator?  Not only will the tail continue to move to confuse the predator, a new one (of a different color!) will grow in its place!  How cool is that.  Ok, I'm a nerdy homeschooling mom.  I find it really awesome when I learn something right along with my kids!  :-)




On Thursday, Kiddos 1 and 2 had their online class while Kiddos 3 and 4 learned two digit by two digit division.  Wow!  They got the concept really quickly.  I am proud of how well they did for the first time!  :-)  They also mapped each of the lizards and snakes they have learned about.  Their science journals come with stickers representing every animal in their Zoology study.  At the conclusion of the lesson, they put each sticker on a giant map so they can see where each creature lives.  Thursday night had our classes at church and Kiddo #1's Civil Air Patrol.


On Friday, we are hoping to make it to church for Stations of the Cross in the afternoon.  I also promised the kiddos that we can make homemade donuts!  I'll let you know how they turn out.  We've never made them before.  :-)

What I'm praying for: our nation, our military, the family of a young boy who was beat to death in his school playground, my husband's grandmother (we would very much appreciate your prayers, as she will be going to the Lord anytime now.  I shared here about her diagnosis a very short time ago.), those who are ill, unemployed, lonely....[update added- my husband's grandmother passed away early this morning after this post was originally published.  I'm sure the family would appreciate your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.]

A photo or quote to share: "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."-- Mark Twain

Kiddo #4 and her Pigie ready to take the family for a ride!  :-)

13 comments:

Monique G. said...

What fun. We took our kids when they were really little to an Rv show. I doubt they even remember it. I was stayed in an RV with my hubby, father in law and mother in law for a week in the keys. Beautiful down there but very tight quarters.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Monique

Tess @ Pro-tography 101 said...

looks like fun!
New folower from Friendship Friday!

Phyllis said...

Looks like a fun and busy week. I love all those smiles! I love it when I learn something from my kids' schooling!

Aloha Acres said...

Aren't RV's amazing?? Seriously, some of them are bigger than our first home!!! :)

Carrie said...

I too l-o-v-e learning alongside my children, especially all the wonderful classic literature we read aloud! That is awesome about the lizard tail, praise our Creator for His intelligent design! Will be thinking of your husband's grandmother, Lisa.

Resh said...

thanks for a fun post. We have never seen the inside of the RV before! but now i am curious :)
-Reshama
www.stackingbooks.com

Mommy Evolution said...

Time to shine! Share your favorite post of the week at Friday Flash Blog Hop with The Jenny Evolution! Visit http://www.thejennyevolution.com.

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun!
I have nominated your blog for the Liebster award.
If you want to head over to my blog you can check it out
http://happyandharried.wordpress.com/2013/03/08/the-liebster-award/

Unknown said...

RV shows are a lot of fun! We've really enjoyed going to them in the past, but we're going back to TENTING (if we get camping this season). With older kids now, they can set up the campsite in about 30 minutes.

Cute cookies! They look like snowmen!

Mama Bird said...

We do smiley face pumpkins e every fall, thy look just like those!

Anonymous said...

We love rv shows! We had an older rv for a few years and we used it all the time! We remodeled it and sold it almost two years ago:( We haven't ever gotten another one because they are so expensive, but it is so fun to look. Love the expressions on your kiddos faces!

Those cookies are super cute too:)

Karen said...

Great week Lisa. I love RV shows. I love to dream about 'someday' too. :) I 'learned' about those lizards from Keilee and some documentary she watched. I am with you, I LOVE learning along with Kei too. Love the Science journals! Hope this is a wonderful week for you Lisa.

Savannah McQueen said...

Thanks for linking up to HammockTracks...and love that pig driving the RV.