On Monday, Kiddo #4 finished a net bag she made for her big brother for his kickboxing class. It easily fits his gloves and other equipment.
She also helped us in canning many pints of carrots.
I want to thank everyone for all of the birthday wishes on FB, G+ and other media. I really appreciate them! What a special day. My hubby and I took the kiddos to the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia. For those of you who aren't familiar with this amazing science museum, it is the most visited museum in the state. Here is their website if you would like to learn more. We climbed aboard a train from the 1920's, climbed through a neural net, viewed "Our Sky Tonight" in the Planetarium, watched "Born to Be Wild" in the IMAX theater (5 stories high and 70 feet wide!), conducted all kinds of experiments, flew in a flight simulator, rode the SkyBike and so much more!
(1) is the train, (2) is the neural net,
(3) is a photo of us together at lunchtime and (4) is aboard the flight simulator. :-)
(1) is the IMAX film, (2) is conducting an experiment and (3/4) are up on the SkyBike.
I also enjoyed seeing some artifacts that belonged to Benjamin Franklin (1). My kids always love seeing Focault's pendulum (2). It moves only with the movement of the earth!
My parents took us out to dinner and we came home to cake and more celebrating. (3/4) A great day, indeed! :-)
In between celebrating and field trips, there was work going on, including Kiddo #1's first week in a college class. There is much reading and writing required and he has his first quiz due on Monday night. Say a prayer for him. He'd appreciate it! :-)
Speaking of field trips, we were lucky enough to go on two special ones this week. On Friday, Cherry Crest Adventure Farm in Lancaster County, PA had one of their homeschool days. What a wonderful place filled with wholesome, hands-on entertainment. We spent the day with our dear friends and got to meet other friends in person for the first time. You name it, the farm has it-- all kinds of games, animals and even a 5 acre corn maze!
Huge slides and games of all kinds!
more games and a perfect view of the train
a newborn calf and pedal powered go-karts
Some scenes from the corn maze (yes, the piano was IN the corn maze, along with all kinds of other entertainment, a snack bar and more!) and a goat from the petting zoo
In front of a covered wagon, petting zoo and 4-day old baby chicks!
As you can see, this family-centered farm was much fun for all of us. This was our second year and we look forward to making it a an annual tradition! :-)
I hope you and your family had a wonderful week and wish you nothing but the best in the weekend to come! God bless!
My posts this week:
My Week in Review Linkup (come share your posts!)
Try a New Recipe Tuesday (do you have a recipe to share?)
Linking up today with: My Week in Review, Homeschool Mother's Journal, Weekly Wrap-Up, Show-Off Friday, Learn and Link and It's a Wrap, Friendship Friday and Friday Connection and Family Fun Friday and T.G.I.F. Linky Party and Let's Homeschool High School and This Week and Collage Friday
Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Home to 4 Kiddos by Email and get our posts sent right to your inbox!









4 comments:
Good morning Lisa...
Sorry we lost contact. We are down to one car so I haven't been able to plan anything substantial...just a field trip here and there. It sounds like you are doing some very neat things together as a family. What a wonderful *job* you are doing!
Hopefully we can meet up at some point. I am sure Angeline would like to meet Katharine *again*. (I hope I got her spelling right.)
I am at carmelitemom@gmail.com if you want to stay in touch that way. I haven't been on FB.
God bless!
Lots of wonderful experiences this week! Oh, what fun you all have! It was fun seeing your photos of Cherry Crest. :)
Happy belated birthday. I remember going to Franklin Institute as a kid -- mainly remember going through the heart. We took the kids there when we lived in the area. I always wanted to do Cherry Crest homeschool days but it didn't happen. Looking at your photos makes me miss doing that. Looks like a great week.
What fun adventures this week.
Blessings, Dawn
Post a Comment