Sunday, September 14, 2014

Dehydrating Cinnamon Apples

I have canned cinnamon apples many times (super yummy!), but had never tried dehydrating them until this past week.

Oh my goodness, what a delicious snack surprise!  (and a healthy one, too)  They taste just like candy.  :-)

First, I sliced the apples pretty thin and put the slices in a bowl of water and Fruit Fresh so they wouldn't brown. (photo 1)

After all of the slices were cut and in the solution, I took them out, dried them and sprinkled cinnamon on either side. (photo 2)

I laid the slices in the dehydrator, making sure that there was plenty of space in between each slice so air could circulate well. (photo 3)

Mine were in the dehydrator (145 degrees) for about 17 hours.  You can check them anywhere between 15 and 18 hours.



Enjoy! (Photo 4)

 We sure did!  :-)


Linking up with the Gathering Spot, Kids in the Kitchen, Domestically Divine Tuesday, Raising Mighty Arrows,Addicted to Recipes, Homemaking Wednesdays, Living Well Wednesday,NOBH, Claire Justine, Wisdom Wednesday , Favorite Things, Modest Mom, Full Plate Thursday and Melt in your Mouth Monday and Show Off Friday and Tuesday's Table and Look What We Did and Titus 2sday,  Mom's Monday Mingle, Monday Mingle, Crafty Spices, Better Mom,Create with Joy, Thursday's Treasures, Tasty Thursdays and Wonderful Food Wednesday and  Tuesday How to Party and the Tried and True Recipe Party and Kids and Mom in the Kitchen and Family Fun Friday and Clever Chicks Blog Hop andAll My Bloggy Friends and Hearts for Home Blog Hop and Foodie Friends Friday and Family Fun Friday and TGIF Linky Party and Food on Friday andHip Homeschool Moms, A Wise Woman Builds Her Home andGood Tastes Tuesday and Thriving Thursday and Friday Flash Blog Hop and Munching Mondays.

Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Home to 4 Kiddos by Email and get our posts sent right to your inbox!

8 comments:

Winnie said...

I'd eat them all by myself!!
Apples and cinnamon - combination I just looooooooooove, and these are great snacks.
AWESOME !!

christyk said...

My family and I go once a year to an apple orchard. It is a full day trip for us, but we pick huge bag fulls and dehydrate them. Sometimes we'll do two batches a day, cutting up one dehydrator full in the morning and one at night. Then we have dried apples throughout the year. Its great to be able to just grab a little bag of apples from the cupboard when I'm rushing out with the kids somewhere, but I want to have something to offer if they get hungry.

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I'm loving this recipe! Thanks so much for sharing.
Have a lovely week ahead.
FABBY

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Just pinned too!
Fabby

B is 4 said...

Oh these look so good, Lisa! We love apples at our house and cinnamon, too. Pinning this. Thanks for the party, enjoy your week!

Gentle Joy said...

My family loves dried apples, but for some reason, I never thought to put cinnamon on them first.... we all love cinnamon too. Thank you for the great idea. :)

Claire Justine said...

Whoo these sound great, love apples and cinnamon together :)

Thanks for linking up

#CreativeMondays

Miz Helen said...

I would really like to try this method, it looks wonderful! Hope you are having a great weekend and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen