Thursday, January 9, 2014

Bow of Bronze Review- Geneaology Revelations & GIVEAWAY!

Today I am reviewing the 5 hour general research package from Genealogy Revelations.  They are also offering you the opportunity to win the same package!  :-)



I was asked to provide my name and birth information, as well as for my parents and grandparents.

From that, I was given a 28 page report consisting of the following:

* Pedigree Chart- includes my direct ancestors up to and including my great-grandparents on both sides of my family.

* Ahnentafel Report- this includes every member of my ancestry that were found.  The generations are labelled "Generation 1, 2, etc.)

* Descendant Report- this starts with the oldest generation found (in my case, my great-grandparents) and goes all the way down to me.

* Family Group Sheet- this page has information about myself, my husband and our children.

There was also an appendix which has all of the sources from which Anna Rae found the information.  They include Federal Census reports, Draft Registration Cards (one of my paternal great-grandfathers registered for the World War I draft!!), Social Security Death index and more.

The chart I was provided went back to my great-grandparents and even included many of their children.  Anna Rae even found one of my paternal great-grandmother's maiden name, which I didn't know and unfortunately, my grandmother isn't alive now, so I had no one to ask about it.

I was thrilled to see documents with the report.  There was the official document when my maternal grandfather became a citizen of this country.  I hadn't seen his handwriting in a lot of years and it brought tears to my eyes.  I also learned the day he came to this country and on what ship!

And, speaking of ships, I actually was given a copy of a photo of the ship that one of my paternal great-grandfathers sailed to America aboard.

I am completely intrigued and fascinated with what Anna Rae at Genealogy Revelations was able to provide me about my family.  My husband and I think it is very important for our children to learn about their heritage and something about our ancestors.

I think it is something that most people want to learn about, especially people like myself whose families came to America in the last 2 or 3 generations.  To see ship manifests with their names on it makes it real.  Immigrants in the early 20th century would endure weeks on those ships for their transatlantic crossings.  I cannot imagine the combination of emotions they must have been feeling-- fear of the unknown, anxiety about a long and bumpy journey, anticipation about a new life, joy about seeing loved ones who had sent for them and sadness for leaving the only life they had ever known with only with what they could carry on their backs.

These people and their experiences made us who and what we are and I think it is our duty to learn as much as we can about them and honor them for the sacrifices made so their future children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren could have a better life.  I truly am grateful.

There are a variety of different packages available, depending on how much information and how long of a report you are interested in.  You can find all of that and more here, on the Genealogy Revelations packages page.  I was thrilled with the results, and I'm sure you would be, as well.


Click here to see what my colleagues at Bow of Bronze had to say about their genealogy reports.

Now you can have a chance to win your own genealogy report!  :-)










Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Home to 4 Kiddos by Email and get our posts sent right to your inbox!

2 comments:

Emma @ Our Whimsical Days said...

I am ridiculously excited about this prize! I love genealogy! So glad you were able to learn more about your own family :)

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

I would love to win this. I find genealogy fascinating. Unfortunately, for one side of my family it pretty much begins and ends with my Dad.