Monday, October 7, 2013

Uncooked Fruit Jam

On Saturday, my children, along with members of their 4H club, made peach and plum jam!  It was SO delicious on bagels and toast! (and just in a spoon, too!)  :-)

2 cups fruit- cleaned and mashed with skins removed.




You can use any kind of fruit.  Kiddos 1, 2 and 4 chose peaches.  Kiddo #3 chose plums. Other children chose kiwi.
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup lemon juice
Grated lemon peel
1/4 cup sweetener (use either sugar, raw sugar, honey, agave syrup or any other sweetener you prefer.  we used agave syrup at the meeting)

Mix together water, chia seeds, lemon peel and sweetener.
Skin the fruit and mash.  Mix together with chia seed mixture



Put in container and eat on toast or add to smoothies or any other way you prfer.  You can keep this in the refrigerator for about 3-4 days.  It can be frozen  and will keep for months.  Thaw before using.

Enjoy!  We did!  :-)




Linking up with the Gathering SpotKids in the Kitchen, Tasty TuesdayTempt my Tummy TuesdayDomestically Divine Tuesday, Raising Mighty Arrows,Addicted to RecipesHomemaking Wednesdays, Living Well Wednesday,NOBH, Judy H-J's ThoughtsWisdom Wednesday , Favorite ThingsModest MomFull Plate Thursday and Melt in your Mouth Monday and Show Off Friday and Tuesday's Table and Look What We Did and Titus 2sday Mom's Monday MingleMonday MingleCrafty SpicesBetter Mom,Create with JoyThursday's TreasuresTasty Thursdays and Wonderful Food Wednesday and Mondays with Countrified Hicks and Tuesday How to Party and the Tried and True Recipe Party and Kids and Mom in the Kitchen and Family Fun Friday and Clever Chicks Blog Hop andAll My Bloggy Friends and Hearts for Home Blog Hop and Foodie Friends Friday and Family Fun Friday and TGIF Linky Party and Food on Friday andHip Homeschool MomsA Wise Woman Builds Her Home andGood Tastes Tuesday

Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Home to 4 Kiddos by Email and get our posts sent right to your inbox!

6 comments:

Chris said...

This looks wonderful!! The pics are awesome too! I remember my 4H days....!! Wish we had something like that here. I considered starting a group, but then I regained my sanity.

Good for them. Looks like they had fun! Pinning for the future. I will def try this at some point!
xoxoxox

I was just grabbing 5 min of a break while the boys are working ( shhhhh don't tell them I'm lurking around my fave blogs......was just abt to log off when your post popped in. I needed that!)
Have a great night, kiddo

Winnie said...

It looks DELICIOUS
I'd probably eat the whole thing my self. I think with a bagel it would be GREAT !!

Unknown said...

Looks so delicious Lisa! I like the use of a variety of fruits. Lovely pictures.

Unknown said...

Love love it! Pinned and shared - thanks for linking

Miz Helen said...

Hi Lisa,
The Fruit Jam looks awesome! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a fun weekend!
Miz Helen

Unknown said...

I wish I had this, it looks wonderful! The kids did a fantastic job! Thank you for sharing on Thursday's Treasures, I'm featuring on Week 108. ;)