Wednesday, October 30, 2013

TOS Review- Rosie's Doll Clothes Patterns

Today I am reviewing Learn How to Make Doll Clothes Video Course with 8 Free Doll Clothes Patterns from Rosie's Doll Clothes Patterns.



The course has over 130 videos that take you step by step from as basic as threading your machine to making doll clothes.  There are all kinds of tips and troubleshooting videos, as well.



The 8 patterns that are included are:

  • Sport Shorts
  • Crop Top
  • Sarong
  • Halter Top
  • Summer Nightie
  • Hat
  • Bloomers
  • Pumpkin Costume
All of the patterns comes with PDF pattern pieces, written instructions and step by step video instructions.

Kiddo #4 has been taking sewing lessons for almost 3 years, so she was thrilled when I was given the opportunity to do this review.  She is a sewer and she has several American Girl dolls.  She was extremely excited to get started.

Kiddo didn't need the introductory videos, but I did watch a few of them, and they are very thorough for someone who is just learning to sew.  I am actually going to watch them again, as my daughter is quite accomplished at sewing, but her mama is not.  ;-)

She decided right away to make the Pumpkin Halloween costume.  She also wanted to do it completely herself, without me even in the room!  I think it speaks volumes as to the quality and detail of these videos, that she felt comfortable making the outfit.  She is quite good at what she does and has made some amazing things over the years, so I didn't mind allowing her to "go it alone."  

Kiddo was extremely diligent, watching each video, even pausing and repeating some parts, to make sure that she was doing the right thing.  She printed her patterns,


cut her fabric and got right to work.  The leggings were made first


and then the pumpkin.  The eyes, nose and mouth of the pumpkin had to be sewn on by hand.  Kiddo #4 was in her glory.  She is so incredibly creative and artistic that there aren't many moments in a day that she isn't making something.




It took hours, but she was so incredibly determined to get it done before she went to bed that night.  And, as she reminded me, nothing of worth ever comes easy!  :-)

She (and all of us!) were thrilled and impressed with the results.  Her doll is definitely ready for trick or treating!





For $48.00 (or $49.94 AUD), you get a full year's access.  You can even try it for free.  Just scroll to the bottom of Rosie's page and enter your name and email.

If your child has a different size doll, you can contact Rosie for adjustments.  There is also a place on the website to click for patterns for Cabbage Patch Dolls. (I remember them fondly from my childhood!)

This soup-to-nuts sewing class is thorough and will have you (or your child) dressing a doll in no time.  Kiddo #4 just loved making her doll a Halloween costume and looks forward to making some of the other items, as well.  This program is recommended for those 8+.  :-)



UPDATE FROM ROSIE'S WEBSITE: From now until midnight on the 24th December, 2013 when you purchase my How to Make Doll Clothes video course I’m giving away an additional pattern of your choice absolutely free! 

Photobucket

Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Home to 4 Kiddos by Email and get our posts sent right to your inbox!

5 comments:

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

Wow, she did an incredible job! I am telling you, I need to commission her to do some stuff for me.

Unknown said...

She did a fantastic job!!

Unknown said...

She did a wonderful job sewing that pumpkin costume! I love her attitude :)

Chris said...

Love the post....great pics too of your dd working and the finished product.

I am finally getting myself together and looking to reg to become a reviewer-blogger with TOS. I googled them and found this site
http://schoolhousereviewcrew.com/contact/
They really don't make it easy to sign up. I read the tabs and all the info on team members, etc, etc.... I submitted a req to join at that link but not sure if it is the right way to go about it. Unless I'm tired or not being thorough looking around, I can't see where to register.

Thanks for sharing your dd's work.....lovely.
:)
xoxoxo

edeemarie said...

This is so adorable! Your daughter did a fantastic job! I am featuring this post on the Hearts for Home Blog hop tomorrow. Have a great week!