I loved the idea of a product geared toward moms and their children. We were able to integrate much of what was in these files as part of our homeschooling day, as well as learning new recipes, household tips and even home crafts (which my daughter just loves!)
My children are 15, 14, 11 1/2 and 9 1/2 (they like when I add the half part, lol!) and they helped me quite a bit with this review.
The Homemaker's Mentor is available in CD form and is packed with PDF files. Packed is truly an understatement. There are 33 files with over 100 audios, pictures and documents. Everything necessary for teaching your children (or learning yourself) how to run a home is included: organizing, cooking, cleaning, sewing and more. There are even files on natural remedies and first aid, which I believe is a must learn for all of my children. My children enjoyed seeing the files on canning, as we do quite a bit around here. They are also doing some canning with their 4H group.
If you sign up for the their newsletter, you'll get 5 free lessons! :-) For the launch, the CD is priced at $37 (regularly $47)
The Homemaker's Mentor is the result of 4 years of gathering recipes, stories and tips. My children most enjoyed the files on the pizza, cookies and even making a quilt. The Fall and Winter checklists came in handy for me this time of year. :-)
Wholesome Childhood has given me TWO sets to give away! A great big thanks to the Erksine family. To enter, fill in the form below.
Here is the third giveaway! In celebration of the launch of the Homemaker's Mentor, they are giving away over $400 in prizes! Click here to enter.
Click here to see what the other members of the Launch Team had to say about The Homemaker's Mentor and to enter their giveaways, as well! :-)
Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Home to 4 Kiddos by Email and get our posts sent right to your inbox!





30 comments:
Sounds like really great product! Thanks for sharing.
I think this would be great for home ec.
I'd love to win. :) Thanks for the giveaway!
I would use e recipes to help create delicious meals when meal planning. I might even learn how to sew and then teach my daughter how to sew - we could do this together too! I would read the books and utilize the cleaning and organizing tips every day. Any units or lessons included would be completed with my daughter as part of her homeschool curricula. I want her to learn things that I was never taught. Thank you for the chance to win this giveaway!
I would really love to learn how to can!
Roxie
This sounds interesting! I love leaning new ways to keep my home.
sounds good. I love learning new ways of keeping my home!
This sounds interesting! I love leaning new ways to keep my home.
Homemakers mentor looks right up my alley....entered!
Thank you for organizing the giveaway!
I'd love to use it as a reference for all things HSing and home keeping. Hope I win!
And I'm thrown off w/o your weekly journal.....I'm used to us reading each others'! Kidding! You can only do so much. (Sorry for the pressure and all; I do tend to rely on you though for this sort of thing!)
I joined Amy's launch team and I'm looking fwd to doing a review once in a while as well. Looks like fun!
Ok, enjoy and thanks for the review and giveaway.Have a great weekend!
Chris
Thanks for the giveaway! I need help with all of these things.
I would love to win this! All the new ideas would be a shot of encouragement to make your home run better!
I think all of it would be helpful. I always need organization tips.
I have five children at home and I would use it with all of them. Including the boys.
Julie
I have 5 kids at home and would use it with all of them including the boys.
This sounds like something my daughters and I would enjoy working on together as part of our lifeskills!
This sounds like something my daughters and I would enjoy working on/ learning together!
I would LOVE to win this! I have only one daughter of 4 children, she is the oldest. She has learned to bake quite well. I have been trying to train my children of traditional ways, including home-keeping, cooking, baking, etc. This set would just be a blessing. What a great give away. Thank you!
I would LOVE to win this! I have only one daughter of 4 children, she is the oldest. She has learned to bake quite well. I have been trying to train my children of traditional ways, including homekeeping, cooking, baking, etc. This set would just be a blessing. What a great give away. Thank you!
I would LOVE to win this! I have only one daughter of 4 children, she is the oldest. She has learned to bake quite well. I have been trying to train my children of traditional ways, including home-keeping, cooking, baking, etc. This set would just be a blessing. What a great give away. Thank you!
This would be a great way to introduce my daughter into many aspects of homemaking.
I always need help with my homemaking skills! Thanks for the opportunity to win this!
How neat! I'd love to win. :)
I have 4 girls and 1boy, so far... We are a farming family, but I didn't grow up on a farm. This is new to me, I'm learning with the kids. I'd love to can our excess from the garden, but have failed at all previous attempts! I'm sure this give-away would be so helpful in our family training!
I have 4 daughters and 1 son. We are a farming family, but I did not grow up on a farm. I am learning with the kids a lot of these new skills. I would love to can our excess from the garden, but I have failed on all previous canning attempts. I think this giveaway would be so helpful in my training and the children's!
We have 6 children and I am always trying to make as much homemade as possible. this looks like a great tool to help!
I have 6 children and we try to make as much homemade as possible. This would be great resource!
I would love to win this, to help my family and me become better at running our home.
I'm excited for the canning info, and would love to use this with both my 12yr old son And my 4yr old daughter!
So excited to teach my girls how to be excellent homemakers. It is a skill that will serve them though their lives.
This would be great for teaching my girls homemaking skills.
Post a Comment