Monday, January 14, 2013

Try a New Recipe Tuesday- January 15


What a great blog hop we had last week!  So many delicious recipes were shared.  Can't wait to see what we will have this week.  :-)

This week, I am sharing our homemade hot chocolate recipe.  It is quite tasty and the kiddos and I had a good time making it for some Christmas presents.  In a ribbon-tied baggie, it fit perfectly inside a festive mug.

Ingredients
1 1/3 cups powdered milk
1/8 cup cocoa
1/3 cup sugar
mini marshmallows (optional)

Directions
Mix the ingredients together and store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
When you are ready to use, scoop out 1/2 cup of the mix and place in an empty 12-ounce mug.  Fill the mug the rest of the way up with boiling water, but leave room for a few marshmallows!  Or, if you prefer, add whipped cream.  Enjoy.
:-)



Linking up with the Gathering SpotKids in the Kitchen, Tasty TuesdayTempt my Tummy TuesdayDomestically Divine Tuesday, Raising Mighty Arrows,Addicted to RecipesHomemaking Wednesdays, Living Well Wednesday,NOBH, Judy H-J's ThoughtsWisdom Wednesday , Favorite ThingsModest MomFull Plate Thursday and Melt in your Mouth Monday and Show Off Friday and Tuesday's Table and Look What We Did and Titus 2sday Mom's Monday MingleMonday MingleCrafty SpicesBetter Mom,Create with JoyThursday's TreasuresTasty Thursdays and Wonderful Food Wednesday



17 comments:

momto8 said...

loving your recipe!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa! Happy happy week with your kiddos - this year is off to a busy start for us -- God bless!

What Marty Sees said...

Hope you enjoyed Washington! I've always wanted to go there :-)

Meg Falciani said...

Yum! I love hot chocolate! Thanks for hosting the link up - and sharing with the Crew.

Unknown said...

I could have some right now Lisa! Looks so delicious. I am fighting the flu and feeling chilly. Thanks for hosting and have a great day.

Monique G. said...

Thanks for hosting! My kids LOVE hot chocolate so I will definitely be trying your recipe!

Heidi said...

There is nothing like a cup of hot chocolate on a cold winter day!

Bridget7575 said...

We love hot chocolate! Can't wait to try your recipe. Thanks for hosting and have a great rest of the week!

Kerry H said...

I am a bit of a newbie...on the Review Crew and Blog Hops. I am trying to figure out how to share a recipe today. I am hoping you can help. Thank you, Kerry from www.oldfashionedgirls.wordpress.com

Kerry H said...

Well, thank you to Marcy for helping me....HOW did I miss that tiny phrase "add your link?" Ay yi yi!!!

Brandi said...

Thanks for hosting! :)

Langworthy said...

I've always thought I should make my own hot cocoa mix, now I have no excuses! Thanks for hosting-this is fun!

Elisa said...

Thanks for hosting. Lots of great recipes to try this week.

Kathy Shea Mormino, The Chicken Chick said...

Thank you for the invitation to link up at your party! I've shared my Dirty Rice recipe, one of our favorites, which incorporates a variety of leftover, frozen meats. I hope you like it!

Cheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino
The Chicken Chick
http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

Alexis said...

January is National Hot Chocolate month, great timing for this post. We posted a homemade HC recipe on our blog this week too, great minds think alike. ~Alexis on behalf of everyone at A Moment with M.O.M.

Miz Helen said...

Hi Lisa,
There is nothing better than a cup of hot chocolate, this looks so good. Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

Unknown said...

You have a great blog hop going on! Thanks for linking with us at NOBH. Every blessing, Kelly