Monday, November 5, 2012

Try a New Recipe Tuesday- November 6

It's Tuesday and that means "Try a New Recipe Tuesday!"  Looking forward to seeing what you all share this week.  :-)

I am sharing my sugar cookie recipe.  My kids LOVE it.  They are always asking to make them.  It is fun and easy (and they are VERY tasty!)

SUGAR COOKIES
1 cup butter, softened          2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup sugar                           2 3/4 cup flour
1 large EGG                           1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add baking powder and flour (one cup at a time) mixing after addition. The dough will be very stiff, blend last flour in by hand. Do not chill dough. Divide dough into two balls. On a floured surface, roll each ball in a circle approximately twelve inches in diameter and 1/8 inch thick. Dip cutters in flour before each use. Bake cookies on cookie sheet on top rack of oven for approx.. 10 minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned.









Linking up with the Gathering SpotKids in the Kitchen, Tasty TuesdayTempt my Tummy TuesdayDomestically Divine Tuesday, Raising Mighty Arrows,Addicted to RecipesHomemaking Wednesdays, Living Well Wednesday,NOBH, Judy H-J's ThoughtsWisdom Wednesday , Favorite ThingsModest MomFull Plate Thursday and Melt in your Mouth Monday

P.S.  I also just found out that my blog was nominated in 2 categories in the 2012 Homeschool blog awards.  I would much appreciate your vote and support.  Here are the links:

For best homeschool mom blog and best photos.  Thank you!  :-)



9 comments:

Unknown said...

Sugar cookies are one of my favorites. I really love to eat the dough. I know it's a no no but it is so delicious. Thanks for sharing at my Our Favorite Things Link Party.

mjskit said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog and inviting me! I've linked up! Have a great week!

Lisa said...

My oldest loves to make sugar cookies, but the recipe we have is complicated. I'll show her yours instead!

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa,
Thanks for hosting. I am so happy to be back online and able to link up this week. Congratulations on being nominated for the 2012 Homeschool blog awards. You have a wonderful blog and I have voted for you in both categories. Take care and have a good day.
Judy

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for linking up with kids in the kitchen - always happy to have you! shared on google+ :)

Miz Helen said...

Hi Lisa,
Your Sugar Cookies look great. Hope you are having a great day and thanks for hosting!
Miz Helen

Morsels of Life | CJ Huang said...

Your cookies look like fun! Thanks for hosting. :)

Lori said...

Mmmm. They look good!

Unknown said...

Lot's of great recipes in your link up this week and your sugar cookies look delicious. Thanks for linking up at Our Favorite Things this week.