Sunday, July 22, 2012

Make Life Meaningful Monday- July 23

Many have asked for updates on our little garden.  It is coming along quite nicely.  It has been a wonderful learning experience for both the kiddos and myself, as we started every plant from a seed back in February and nurtured them with much care for months.  My husband did an amazing job getting all of our "seedlings" from our indoor pots into the garden and makes sure it is weeded and watered each day.

Not only are we getting lessons in everything having to do with gardening, the necessary tools, proper amounts of water, what organic means, etc., but we are also getting important lessons in patience.  It has been a long wait to be able to see the "fruits" of our labor, but it is finally starting to take place.

We have picked cucumbers



carrots

and basil so far


and are anxiously awaiting the tomatoes, peppers, peas and eggplant.

We also have been continuing to can corn and carrots.  We are hoping to include other veggies this week in our canning adventure. 

I will keep everyone posted!  :-)

Linking up with Modest Monday, On, in and around Mondays and Inspire Me Monday in addition to Wisdom Wednesday and Living Well Wednesday

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you have been very busy!! Enjoy :)

Debbie Jones said...

Gardens are fun and a great learning experience. We have had a garden for several years and are still learning what to do and not to do with gardening in the Arizona summer heat. Around here, fall gardens are best. I'm glad your children are having this opportunity to learn about gardening! Enjoy the week ahead!

Carrie said...

Cucumbers and carrots look great, Lisa! Our carrots didn't amount to much and we lost all our corn to the nasty heat and drought. Luckily our summers can be quite long so we planted more beans and sugar snap peas and we've been enjoying fresh tomatoes galore. If you have a tasty marinara sauce recipe, could you share on one of your Tuesday posts? Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Looks great! we did not get to plant a garden this year and I really miss it. Nothing like eating vegetables from your own garden!

Anonymous said...

I love your garden. What a wonderful way to spend quality time with your children. I'm visiting from Create with Joy.

Emmalee I. Hoggatt said...

wow looks like it is growing well! All of our stuff is scortched by the heat though it is in pots on our covered porch. I water all the time but just can't keep up when it only gets to 95 degrees even at might!

Karen said...

I have so enjoyed following your garden this year. From seeds to produce! It is all just a beautiful process Lisa.