Sunday was, of course, church with my family, which is always meaningful. The homily was excellent-- perhaps we should spend less time asking God to change others and begin with asking Him to change ourselves, and to have faith that God will make miracles within us if we just open up ourselves to His Grace.
When we got home from church, I decided to try out my new pressure canner for the first time. I have been really excited to try it and want to be able to can all kinds of veggies from our garden and some fruit, as well. My mom helped me and we canned a few jars of corn. Getting it off the cob was the biggest challenge, but it was fun and now that I know how to do it, will buy the corn in a much larger quantity, so we can have plenty of fresh, sweet and delicious corn to have all year long. :-) The possibilities are endless!
This morning, Kiddo #2 left for a trip with my dad. Dad started a tradition last year with Kiddo #1-- when they turn 13, they can choose a place that they would like to visit for a few days. Last year, Kiddo #1 chose the Air Force Museum in Ohio and an RC flying show right over the border in Indiana. Kiddo #2, who will be 13 next month, chose the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, New York. So, my sports fan is on his way. I can't wait to hear about his adventures.
Linking up today with Modest Monday, On, in and around Mondays and Inspire Me Monday in addition to Wisdom Wednesday and Living Well Wednesday and Make Life Meaningful Monday.
6 comments:
I love the idea of the father/son (or daughter) trip when the child turns 13! The message of the homily is right on...one I surely need to work on every day. I love that you are doing some canning. I have never done that, but would love to learn how. Have a great week!
Wow - that pressure cooker is quite the contraption! I'd be terrified to use it ;) I love the idea of a special one-on-one trip. You're so blessed to have extended family involved in your children's lives! Thanks for sharing, Lisa!
How exciting for him!! Hope he has a wonderful time :)
One of the first things I learned to can was corn and I still remember shucking and then cutting it off the cob!
What a great tradition!
We didn't go outside much over the weekend either. Nasty hot and humid out there.
Please share any tips about getting corn off the cob! I'm going to be doing that later in the summer, and I've never really found a good way to do it!
I have always wanted to 'pressure cook' something but it sorta scares me. I think my Mother told me 'blow up' stories too often when I was young.
I simply LOVE the tradition with your kids and their Dad. That is such an amazing opportunity. I hope you told them to take lots of pictures! How awesome.
That is a GREAT tradition! I can't wait to hear how it works out....and me, I'm a scaredy cat when it comes to pressure cookers...maybe one day!
Post a Comment