The other kiddos decorated the driveway in their honor and Kiddos 1 and 4 baked them a welcome home baseball cake. My husband just bought me the pan the other day, and what a perfect time to use it for the first time-- to welcome them home from the Baseball Hall of Fame.
Sunday was Church. I loved how in the sermon, it was stressed that we are all called to be disciples. The words of St. Francis were quoted. I don't remember them exactly, but they went something like this: "Preach the Gospel always. When necessary, use words." He said that especially in our country the way things are going today, if we live a good Christian life, we will be noticed and that will be a witness, a discipleship; We will be preaching the Gospel by our very lives.
After Church, my parents, hubby and I canned some more corn. Kiddo #4 snapped this photo of us getting the corn off of the cobs. Working together, we made really good time and got to enjoy watching the Phillies win at the same time. :-)
Linking up today with Modest Monday, On, in and around Mondays and Inspire Me Monday in addition to Wisdom Wednesday and Living Well Wednesday
9 comments:
I love that quote about preaching the gospel that was part of your sermon in church. Our lives should be our sermons. The bottled corn looks good. I love that your husband takes each child on a special trip when he/she turns 13. What a neat and special memory maker! Thanks for sharing.
We spent the 4th of July with family picking and shelling peas. I really enjoyed that time together with family just visiting as we worked together!
Mary Beth @newlifesteward
awesome! love the baseball birthday cake!!
awesome! love the baseball birthday cake!!
love the baseball cake...how fun fun.
go Phillies..there is always hope.
I've not really thought about the fact that we really do have a unique opportunity in our country, to show our resilience and strength in Christ as we weather this difficult economic crisis. Thanks for that encouragement and the sweet pics of a loving family as well! :)
Oh, Lisa, my pastor just spoke about being witnesses to Christ by living our lives well! He added someone is always watching even if we don't realize it :)
What a great cake :) Great job on the canning!!
Awesome quote and thought about preaching the gospel with your lives (not words!)
Have a blessed weekend and thanks for sharing with us at Inspire Me Monday at
Create With Joy
http://create-with-joy.com
Post a Comment