After my much prayed-over and heartfelt Thankful Thursday post last week, anything else I may be thankful for, I'm afraid, will sound trivial and material. :-) That being said, I am so, so grateful for the gift that my hubby gave me. I laughed because we picked it up on January 6th and started singing, "On the 12th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me...."
My old and trusty camera has been starting to go. The playback button only works when it feels like it and the flash is much the same. That camera has seen and photographed so much over the past few years. I am one of those people whose cameras are never far away. As you have seen in my posts, I take pictures of the kids baking, reading, playing... I take hundreds of pictures on a family vacation. I try to capture special moments as much as I can, as they are fleeting and gone in an instant.
Well, hubby said he wanted to get me a "real" camera and a real camera it certainly is. I am a bit apprehensive, just at the sight of it, but am in awe of all of the possibility that awaits in the photographs yet to be taken with this incredible piece of equipment.
So, I am not just grateful for the wonderful material gift (which is awesome!), but the wonderful, thoughtful person who picked it out for me!
Join me at Red Oak Lane today and let us know what you are grateful for on this Thankful Thursday.

8 comments:
Know you'll love learning about your great new camera. Have fun!
Thanks for linking up!!
Yay for your new camera!!!!! I can't wait to see all of the photos you take!!
Love the new camera! :) Now I want one too, ;) I'll know who to ask when the time comes to select one very soon! Have fun!
Oh what fun! You'll love it! And what a sweet husband you have!
Nice!
Congratulations! I know you'll have a ton of fun with the camera and marvel at the quality :)
I am so jealous the only camera I have is on my phone!! How exciting!!
Hope you don't mind me "lurking" at the Red Oak Lane link up tomorrow :)
Post a Comment