:-)))))
Yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon, we had another planning meeting at church for our annual family retreat. This year it will be in late October. I am grateful not only for the opportunity to yet again attend such a rewarding and amazing weekend, but to be able to be part of the planning with wonderful people I am lucky to call our friends. They welcomed us with open arms several years ago at our church and my husband and I just knew we were "home."
I am also grateful for a group of online friends with whom I have found fellowship, support and prayer. I will be meeting two very soon for the first time as we get our kids(and ourselves!) together for a playdate.
I am grateful this week for the spontaneous hugs that I can still grab throughout the day,
for hearing, "that was a fun day, mom, thanks."
for 15 1/2 years of marriage in a world that says that marriage is worthless and unnecessary
(from our 15th anniversary back in August)
I am always thankful for my husband, who works very hard, despite physical injuries and pain, and in all kinds of horrible weather, to provide for us. I am thankful for the friendship we have, for that makes a marriage all the more special.
And I don't ever want to forget to thank God for all of the blessings He has bestowed and continues to bestow upon us.
I'm happy to be linking up with Theresa at Red Oak Lane today.
8 comments:
Beautiful. :)
Thank you for joining up.
I just love to read these posts each week and to see all of the things that people have to be happy for...it makes me feel blessed over and over!
I love hearing about your church. We have struggled a bit with ours. We loved it, then our pastor left, a lot of hateful things were said ... and it's really hard for me to reconcile myself with this church anymore. Plus, I got very involved and found out things I wish I did not know. We have tried other churches, but the girls grew up in this church, love the youth group and choir, have friends, we all adore our youth pastor...
I could go on and on...and maybe I will when we meet in person next week! Yay! I am so excited!!
I love those big smiling faces...I've had too many 'side projects' lately to make it fun....I'm promising my kids I"ll do better....and so far...we're getting there....You inspire me...to be more fun!
What a blessing indeed to have found a church home! Congratulations on 15 1/2 years of marriage - I can scarcely believe that we're headed for #17 soon! Wholeheartedly agree with spouses being friends :) Makes all the difference in the world, especially if you make each other laugh :)
Thanks for visiting! Loved reading all the things you were thankful for!
What a wonderful post! What a joy to be able to know you made the day of learning fun for your children! :)
and your church discovery hit close to home as we're currently in the process of "church shopping". We're going back this Sunday to the only church that made us feel completely welcome with this whole process....wonder if we found our home -- it's exciting :)
Am so glad you linked up to Theresa so I could "meet" you!
~nikki
@ Simplystriving (couldn't get the openID to work in case you were curious!)
So many blessings this week:) I agree that a church that feels like home is a tremendous blessing, as is a husband who is a best friend and works faithfully to support his family. Thanks for sharing!
Happy half anniversary! Visiting from Thankful Thursday :0)
Post a Comment