Thanks to Theresa for hosting the linkup and inviting me to join in!
I think as this new year begins, I am most grateful for just that: a new year-- the opportunity and the gift of a new beginning, a clean slate with endless promise and possibility.
I am also especially thankful for my children and the blessing of homeschooling. I love their smiles and how much fun we have had together. I couldn't imagine now not being with them for 8+ hours a day and not sharing everything that we have shared and learned together. It is wonderful how helpful (for the most part, lol!) they are to each other and how they are developing kind, servant's hearts.
I love when we can cuddle on the couch and read a book together, bake cookies when it behooves us
and even get down to work in their pajamas. :-)
I am thankful for my husband, who has worked such long, hard hours these past few months, working 6 days a week, even through painful injuries. He is a dedicated father and husband, for whom I am extremely grateful. This enabled us to give the children a wonderful Christmas and pay off some bills. I am thankful for my parents, who have been very helpful and supportive.
I am thankful to live in a country where we have freedom; freedom that certainly isn't free.
As I get older, I think I appreciate even more the incredible sacrifices that have had to be made for us to live the way we do and take so much for granted. I will be participating in a friend's weekly study of our founding documents. I believe that we owe it to the founders, who gave and sacrificed so much to conduct an experiment-- a precious experiment in liberty. It goes without saying that I am thankful for the soldiers who defend and protect that experiment every day, with no thought of the danger or risk. My husband, my soldier, still remains my greatest hero.
I have been very blessed to "meet" some wonderful women in the blogosphere who share the same values and morals that my husband and I do. I am thankful for their friendship, prayers, fellowship and support.
And, of course, it goes without saying, that I am most grateful to God: for the incredible gifts I mentioned above that He has given me, the countless gifts I haven't mentioned and the most incredible Gift of all: His Son.




5 comments:
Beautiful post and photos, as usual. :)You've captured the heart of homeschooling.
First of all, thank you for linking up. I plan to make this a weekly thing..feel free to join when you can!
I so agree--I couldn't imagine NOT having this time with my kids. I am so grateful for my husband as well. Our husbands sound a lot alike.
I hope your husband's injuries are healed now.
What a beautiful post! So many blessings.
i'm thankful for all those things too!
oh, and great family photo, and new header for your blog :)
Post a Comment