Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy All Hallow's Eve (Halloween)

It is quite difficult these days to find a costume for even young children that is not demonic or right from the pages of an illicit magazine.  But, they are certainly out there.  In the case of our one son who wanted to be a pumpkin (wow, imagine that!  An 11 year old kid who wants to be a pumpkin and not a vampire or ghoul!), I made the costume myself.  Not to be overly prideful, I think it came out pretty darn good.  :-)  It didn't take much in the way of materials and just took a couple of hours in sewing time.  It was something I gladly did and would do a hundred times, as it is our deepest of convictions that our children will be dressed modestly and never in something demonic or that would open their minds to the occult.

So, we had the airline pilot, the pumpkin, the elephant and the Zsu Zsu pet.  :-)  And much to their delight (and my pride.  I know, there goes that pride again!  lol), they got compliments at almost every single house we visited. 

It so often comes back to the Gandhi quote I read about a year and a half ago that had a profound impact on me: "Be the change you wish to see." 

I hope everyone had a fun Halloween and a joyous All Saints' Day.  I will post pics later of our All Saints' Day gathering with some friends.  God bless!




No comments: