I can't believe that it has been almost 6 months since Kiddo #3 made his 1st Holy Communion. I diligently posted dozens of pictures on Facebook, but realized that there are family/friends who choose not to be part of that social network, so I thought I should post a few on here, as well. :-)
It was a special day for so many reasons. First and foremost, of course, was the reception of the Sacrament for our sweet 3rd child. Secondly, was the involvement of our family in the Mass. Not many children are lucky enough to have their grandfather assist at the Mass, read the Gospel and actually give you your 1st Holy Communion. Kiddo #3 was blessed with these very things. In addition, our oldest son, who had just become an altar server a week before, was altar server at his brother's Mass and was awesome at every task. (It is funny, though, to look at these photos because kiddo #1 has already grown several inches since then. He is now taller and weighs more than I did on my wedding day! lol) My husband and I were chosen to carry up some of the banners the children made with their names on them. And, last but not least, kiddo #3 himself was chosen to bring up some of the gifts. What a special day for him all around!
We are truly blessed to have the reception of 3 Sacraments in our home this year. Kiddo #3 made his First Penance and First Communion and Kiddo #1 will be receiving his Confirmation next month. Next year will be the same, but with kiddos #2 and #4. Wow. :-) I continually pray that I, through my support, prayers, teaching and example, have helped prepare my children to the best of my ability and that we, as a family, grow ever closer to the Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment