The unit we were originally scheduled for had some problems, so they lined us up with a brand new 2015 rental model as an "apology." When I say brand new, I mean brand new, as in we had to wait (and wait!) for it to get tags and then wait some more for them to call their insurance company to get it covered, so we got a much, much later start than we anticipated. But, it is really new and really nice. (forgive the quality of the first two images, as they were taken on my phone)
During one of our stops early today in Maryland, we visited the National Road. George Washington had envisioned a road spanning our new nation. Thomas Jefferson brought the idea to fruition. He authorized the construction of a road from Maryland to Ohio. The road was literally built when entire parts of the mountain range were broken through. We got to climb up one half of one such peak and cross over to the other side. It was pretty cool if I should say so myself. I just love how there is always something to see and learn! :-)
We also went through West Virginia today (I didn't realize just quite how breathtaking going through the Appalachian range would be-- and fun on the ears, as well!) and are heading into Kentucky as I type this.
How was your weekend?
Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Home to 4 Kiddos by Email and get our posts sent right to your inbox!


6 comments:
That is awesome!! We got to visit the Mount Washington Tavern at Fort Necessity last summer. It was a stagecoach stop along the National Road and now houses the NPS exhibit on the road. I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!!
Have an awesome trip! If you come through MO, wave hello!
This looks like a lot of fun! We keep talking about renting a RV for a trip. I can't wait to see more of your trip.
Looks like a fun family vacation! We have been wanting to rent an RV to take our family on a road trip this summer to visit Yellowstone and Mt. Rushmore, road trips are so much fun. I look forward to reading more about your trip, have a fun and safe vacation! :)
KENTUCKY!!!!!! I am in Kentucky!
Hope you all have a wonderful safe venture! We are making plans for next year to attend Big Sandy! Keep me posted on things are going...
This is such a cool thing to do! Love the photos.
Post a Comment