Thursday, February 19, 2015

My Week in Review/Weekly Wrap-Up/THMJ- February 20/21

Wow, I cannot believe I am writing another week-ending post.  The time is just flying by, even though we are chilled to the bone here in the Northeast and covered with snow! (not as much as New England, though, thank goodness!)

Last Thursday, the kiddos, hubby and I went to the circus.  We hadn't been there in a couple of years and really enjoyed this year's production.  The first two pictures (on the top) are from the pre-show festivities.




Friday was supposed to be 4-H .22 rifle, but we played hookie.  The temperature was in the negative digits and the range, although indoors, is not heated.  Hubby works outside, so I didn't think that he needed to spend another few hours freezing and the kids and I weren't too keen on the idea, either.

On Saturday, Valentine's Day, Kiddo #4 made us all heart-shaped pancakes and her beloved "Pigie" turned 4.  She and I both received beautiful flowers from my hubby and other fun gifts from my dad.


In honor of her sweet Pigie's birthday, she baked cupcakes and made up a scavenger hunt for my mom and I to do.  It was very cute and original.  :-)




Also on Saturday, Kiddos 1 and 2 attended a 4-H program at a local college.  This month they made a silly-putty substance (I forget what they called it) and homemade ice cream and whipped cream.



This week, there was more snow, President's Day lapbooks


Wednesday began the season of Lent.  Our Kind Words Cross went up.  Every time a Kiddo says something kind to someone else, they place a beautiful lily on it.  By the time we celebrate the Resurrection on Easter, it will (hopefully!) be covered with flowers and the words above it will then read "Rejoice" instead of "Repent."



On Thursday, we attended an amazing homeschool program where the Kiddos learned all about herbs and got to plant their own herb baskets.  The program ws held on what was an 18th century farm.  I just love the history that is all around us!




Next week is Part 2 of the program-- cooking with herbs.  We can't wait!  :-)

Hope you have a wonderful weekend.  If you blog about your week, be sure to stop back and linkup with "My Week in Review."

My posts this week:

Try a New Recipe Tuesday (lots of great recipes shared!)
Coconut Flour Apple Cinnamon Muffins


Linking up today with:  My Week in Review,  Homeschool Mother's JournalWeekly Wrap-UpShow-Off FridayLearn and Link and It's a WrapFriendship Friday and Friday Connection and Family Fun Friday and T.G.I.F. Linky Party and Let's Homeschool High School and This Week and Collage Friday

Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Home to 4 Kiddos by Email and get our posts sent right to your inbox!

4 comments:

Michelle aka Naila Moon said...

Loads of fun! I want to plant an herb basket! What a great idea. Could you give details perhaps?

Also, did you see the "new" dolls that I sent you. I thought of your girl.

Have a great weekend & Happy Lent!

Naila Moon

Jen said...

We are thinking of joining up with the 4-H here. Super excited about it! Looks like a fun week and I don't blame you for avoiding the cold!! Hope you guys stay warm and have a blessed weekend!!

Dawn said...

What a great homeschool program. I love the Lent Cross for kind words. That is a very nice idea.
Blessings, Dawn

Laura O in AK said...

I just love seeing all that your family is doing. The Lent Cross is an awesome idea and something that can be implemented at any point in the season.

Thanks for linking the post up to the 40 Days of Seeking Him meme. I hope you'll come back to share future posts, too.