It is definitely winter here in PA. Cold isn't even the word for it.
Guess it's a good thing that we were starting back up with our school work this week since we are cozy and warm. Kiddos 1 and 2 started back with some of their online classes. Kiddo #1's next college class starts up next week. His online class that started today is called Spaceflight Operations and is being taught by a NASA scientist. Ok, how cool is that? And, part of his homework is to try out this flight simulator they had to download. My guess would be that he thinks he died and went to heaven. This is the kid who is always either building or flying his RCs, putting together models or practicing on a flight simulator. He will definitely enjoy this semester! :-)
(trying out the required simulator program for the first time)
Kiddo 2's next course in ASL starts up next week.
We got our first snow of the year. Not very much accumulation, but enough to freeze up and be burdensome.
We were learning about Lewis and Clark this week. I found the greatest free printable game from Relentlessly Fun, Deceptively Educational called "Westward Bound." Take a look at the sheer size of this game! They had so much fun and learned a lot. I really love hands-on learning opportunities for the kids.
I also found a Lewis & Clark lapbook on Hands of a Child for only $5. We are also working on one the digestive system that I purchased from A Journey through Learning during their summer sale.
The house is looking pretty empty without the Christmas decorations. Epiphany (the 12th day of Christmas) was on the 6th, so we have begun taking everything down and packing it up. I can't believe that Lent will be here before we know it.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend. God bless!
In case you missed them, my posts this week were:
Try a New Recipe Tuesday- 1/6 (there are already almost 4 dozen recipes shared. Come check them out and/or share one of your own!)
Top-10 Recipe Posts of 2014- come check out what you and my other viewers thought were the best of the bunch.
One Word for 2015- come see what word I chose and leave a comment sharing your word. :-)
Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Home to 4 Kiddos by Email and get our posts sent right to your inbox!



6 comments:
Thanks for sharing the Lewis and Clark game. We'll have fun using it in a few weeks. Hope you are having a wonderful Christmas!
Wow! I'm excited to follow and keep up with #1's class. That's cool.
Stay warm!
We really enjoyed learning about Lewis and Clark, too. In fact, our cats are named Lewis and Clark!
We also got snow this week. The Lewis and Clark game looks like a lot of fun. My daughter would love Olaf. She loves going to build a bear. It is such a wonderful experience for kids.
How fun to have a girl's time out! I haven't done that in a long time with my daughter. You have inspired me! My daughter will love it! The cold...When will spring arrive? I know I'm in Maine, but even so this past week was miserable! (I had one day without water when the pipes froze!) Let's hope for a warm-up! Have a great week!
I'm sometimes sad that Christmas is all done and over too. I still see the occasional lights up and it makes me kinda miss Christmas.
That's so cute that she took Olaf on the carousel!
Post a Comment