Friday, March 14, 2014

Homeschool Mother's Journal/Weekly Wrap-Up March 14-15

It has been an eventful and fun week at the Home to 4 Kiddos.  :-)

Over the weekend, the boys had another session of their .22 rifle class and tractor safety with 4-H.





Our daughter served her first Mass.  For my non-Catholic readers, children from the age of about 10 and up are able, if they choose, to assist the priest during Mass.  They are called altar servers.  Our oldest, who is in the pictures with her, has been doing it for many years and is the "go-to" kid for everything from Easter celebrations to Confirmations to funerals.  He will be stepping back from weekly serving now, as the new kids (who are SO much smaller than him!) are ready.  He will still avail himself whenever needed for special Masses or services.  :-)  I am proud of them both!  :-)







On Monday, Kiddo #4 finished the most adorable dress for her American Girl doll.  Isn't it precious? Complete with cuffed sleeves and a little collar.



On Tuesday, we started our seeds!  Yay!  (at least we can THINK spring)






It was so warm on Tuesday, that the kids just had to get outside and run and play.  You can still see the remaining snow on the ground!  :-)  It is supposed to snow again on St. Patrick's Day. Can you believe it?






Wednesday has us at a homeschool program that was being offered on geology.  The kids passed around ash from Mt. Saint Helens, learned about different types of rock and made their own "metamorphic" ones.  :-)





On Thursday afternoon, we were over at church for classes-- I teach, my younger two attend and the older two are teen "helpers"- they grade homework books, take attendance, etc.

Even when it's busy, they always find time to do something they enjoy





Friday afternoon, we will attend Stations of the Cross for children at our church.  It is a special Lenten devotion that literally puts ourselves in the steps of Jesus from when He was condemned to death to his burial.

The kiddos were also able to take their bikes out and play a bit more outside.  They are going to enjoy the nice weather while it lasts.





Hope you had a wonderful week!

Don't forget, if you have a Lenten post of any kind, please come and share it with my Lenten linkup. There are dozens of posts already shared.  How wonderful that we can read and be inspired and get some great ideas for our own families.  :-)

My posts this week:

Oatmeal Breakfast Bites (incredibly yummy and easy to make!)
Try a New Recipe Tuesday (lots of new recipes to try!)
TOS Review- Egglo Entertainment (fun and Christ-centered way to have an Easter egg hunt)
Hearts for Home Blog Hop (always lots of great posts to read!)
St. Patrick Activity and FREE printable
TOS Review- Mango Languages


Linking up today with:  Homeschool Mother's JournalWeekly Wrap-UpShow-Off FridayLearn and Link and It's a WrapFriendship Friday and Friday Connection and Family Fun Friday and T.G.I.F. Linky Party and Let's Homeschool High School and This Week

Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Home to 4 Kiddos by Email and get our posts sent right to your inbox!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful week! And your daughter looked so sweet up there! My son's asked permission (he's 12) to begin alter serving next fall, he has dreams of priesthood, and being a scientist LOL

Anonymous said...

Great week!
Your daughter and the other servers are so precious!
Love it...
I need to do more hands-on things for the boy.
Blessings,
Em

Deb J. in Utah said...

So great that your daughter is a server at church. Our young men help with the sacrament (communion) from the age of twelve. My youngest has been doing that for over 5 years now in various capacities. He will soon be graduating to more "adult" duties at the church when he turns 18. Looks like your sons enjoy shooting - my boys liked that too and did it a lot as part of Boy Scouts. Have a wonderful weekend.

Chris said...

Love!
Awesome WWU! Love the pics...altar serving, creating...so much fun...! Love visiting your blog.
I really should get back to writing WWUs. Love reflecting on the week and also visiting others to see how they structure their HSing and celebrate life in general with family! I also feel better about what I've accomplished when I write it all down....I always seem to feel like I didn't get much done and then when I see it in picture or curricular area outline, it seems like I did "do" something with them!
Your Mango rev was awesome too. it's so great to visit others' reviews of the same product I write about. We all approach it so differently! It's amazing.
Thanks again for introducing me to The Crew. Even though I was only part of it for a few mos and only did 3 reviews, I feel like I learned much and more importantly, got to become friends with lovely people... That was truly the best part.
Ok, gotta run, but wanted to stop over and say HI.
xoxoxoEnjoy the weekend