Monday, February 24, 2014

Triple Chocolate Cookies

Friday night we were invited to our dear friends' home for dinner.  Our older boys were all in a 4-H meeting making casseroles for a homeless shelter.

I wanted to make something special to bring to dinner.  I found a recipe that I had never made before.  I made some changes, tweaked a few other things and came up with the Triple Chocolate Cookies.

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt (I omitted)
2 1/2 cups almond flour (I used Trader Joe's 'Just Almond Meal')
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup mini white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degress Fahrenheit.
Sift cocoa powder into a medium bowl.  Stir in almond flour using a wire whisk.  Cream butter and sugar until very light.  Add egg and vanilla and beat until incorporated.  Add salt and baking soda and mix well. Mix in cocoa and almond flour mixture.  Stir in chocolate chips.


Place a teaspoon full of batter at a time on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.

Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until puffed and cracked.



Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack to finish cooling.



Enjoy!  They were SO good!  :-)

Linking up with the Gathering SpotKids in the Kitchen, Domestically Divine Tuesday, Raising Mighty Arrows,Addicted to RecipesHomemaking Wednesdays, Living Well Wednesday,NOBH, Claire JustineWisdom Wednesday , Favorite ThingsModest MomFull Plate Thursday and Melt in your Mouth Monday and Show Off Friday and Tuesday's Table and Look What We Did and Titus 2sday Mom's Monday MingleMonday MingleCrafty SpicesBetter Mom,Create with JoyThursday's TreasuresTasty Thursdays and Wonderful Food Wednesday and  Tuesday How to Party and the Tried and True Recipe Party and Kids and Mom in the Kitchen and Family Fun Friday and Clever Chicks Blog Hop andAll My Bloggy Friends and Hearts for Home Blog Hop and Foodie Friends Friday and Family Fun Friday and TGIF Linky Party and Food on Friday andHip Homeschool MomsA Wise Woman Builds Her Home andGood Tastes Tuesday and Thriving Thursday and Friday Flash Blog Hop 


Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Home to 4 Kiddos by Email and get our posts sent right to your inbox!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

I've been tweaking cookie recipes too, trying to sneak in some healthier ingredients. Tricky business! Thanks for sharing, pinned!

Simply Sherryl said...

Yes Yes Yes.. triple chocolate has to be good!

Thanks for visiting and linking up with us at Good Tips Tuesday - http://www.sherrylwilson.com/good-tips-tuesday-8/

Lisa Ehrman said...

Oh, my! These look wonderful, and I just bought a large bag of Almond Flour. I'll have to give this recipe a try :)

TaMara Sloan said...

You had me at Triple Chocolate. :) I'm definitely going to be trying these. Thanks for sharing at Food on Friday.

Miz Helen said...

Great cookies Lisa, we would just love filling our Cookie Jar with these cookies. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great weekend.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

Claire Justine said...

Whoo yummy, chocolate cookies are my favourite :) thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays, featuring your post this week at the blog hop...