1 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1/8 tsp. salt (I omitted)
1/3 cup butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla (we increased to 3/4)
2/3 cup milk
Combine flour, baking powder and salt. In a mixer bowl, beat butter for 1/2 minute. Add sugar and vanilla. Beat until fluffy. Add egg. Beat until combined. Add flour mixture and milk alternately to beaten mixture, beating well. Pour in greased microwave dish. Cut a piece of wax paper or parchment to fit bottom of pan. Pour cake batter on top.
Cook cake layer uncovered on 50% power for 13-14 minutes. If not done, cook on 100% power in 30 second increments (mine needed several of these) until the surface is nearly dry.
Cook cake on wire rack for 4 minutes. To loosen, run a narrow metal spatula around dish edges and slightly under waxed paper.
Top with your favorite frosting. My homemade frosting is as follows:
3 cups confectioners' sugar
5 1/3 tbl butter, softened
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tbls milk
Frost and ENJOY! :-)
Linking up with the Gathering Spot, Kids in the Kitchen, Domestically Divine Tuesday, Raising Mighty Arrows,Addicted to Recipes, Homemaking Wednesdays, Living Well Wednesday,NOBH, Claire Justine, Wisdom Wednesday , Favorite Things, Modest Mom, Full Plate Thursday and Melt in your Mouth Monday and Show Off Friday and Tuesday's Table and Look What We Did and Titus 2sday, Mom's Monday Mingle, Monday Mingle, Crafty Spices, Better Mom,Create with Joy, Thursday's Treasures, Tasty Thursdays and Wonderful Food Wednesday and Tuesday How to Party and the Tried and True Recipe Party and Kids and Mom in the Kitchen and Family Fun Friday and Clever Chicks Blog Hop andAll My Bloggy Friends and Hearts for Home Blog Hop and Foodie Friends Friday and Family Fun Friday and TGIF Linky Party and Food on Friday andHip Homeschool Moms, A Wise Woman Builds Her Home andGood Tastes Tuesday and Thriving Thursday and Friday Flash Blog Hop
Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Home to 4 Kiddos by Email and get our posts sent right to your inbox!
5 comments:
That's great! I've never tried baking a cake in the microwave :)
It definitely looks good!
Lisa, I didn't know about your husband! I will remember your family in my prayers with emphasis on your husband's health. My husband had the same exact thing when he was a 19 year old college student - chest pains, rushed to hospital in ambulance. Same diagnosis. It surely can be scary. Thanks for sharing this great recipe. I must apologize for not joining with you very often but life is so busy right now. My blog posts are much fewer and farther between than they used to be. I still love popping over to your blog for a visit when I can.
Hugs from Arizona!
THis cake sounds really good. I am going to have to try because I have never microwaved a cake before. I hope your husband is doing better!! So Sorry to hear about these trying ties.
What I can microwave a cake? Cool!
I've never tried to microwave a cake. I hope your husband is doing better!
Post a Comment