We started our week with putting final touches on and review of our Olympics unit. We really enjoyed the games-- not only cheering on our athletes, of whom we are very proud, but learning about geography, the Russian culture and Olympic history.
I made contraction matching cards as part of a grammar unit. The kiddos enjoyed using them.
The older guys have continued their 4-H rifle club on Friday nights,
and during the day continue to work through Algebra II, World History and more. They are also taking a tractor safety class and will be driving for the first time this Saturday. I will be sure to take some photos. In addition, Saturday is a big day for Kiddo #4. She has a table at the township's craft fair and will be selling her beautiful bracelets. I sure hope she does well. She has worked so hard! :-)
Lent begins next week and we will continue with our academic work, but will change our focus, as we do every Advent and Lent, to the meaning of the season. We will read special books, attend and participate in Lenten services, make special crafts and try to do some meaningful activities, that not only stress sacrifice, but more importantly, doing good for others. Keep tuned in. I will share our Lenten journey with you on these pages.
Have a wonderful weekend! May it be blessed and beautiful! :-)
Some of my posts from this week include:
You're Invited
Triple Chocolate Cookies
Try a New Recipe Tuesday (a lot of delicious recipes were linked up. Come and check them out!)
Hearts for Home Blog Hop (over 80 link ups about all things home. Have you seen them?)
Linking up today with: Homeschool Mother's Journal, Weekly Wrap-Up, Show-Off Friday, Learn and Link and It's a Wrap, Friendship Friday and Friday Connection and Family Fun Friday and T.G.I.F. Linky Party and Let's Homeschool High School and This Week
Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Home to 4 Kiddos by Email and get our posts sent right to your inbox!
7 comments:
Looks like a busy week. I love the rainbow loom bracelets!
We are hoping for spring to get here too. They are calling for winter weather here for Sunday and Monday.I am praying it doesn't happen. I love the contraction flash cards what a great idea!
Rifle club, sweet!!! That would just rock! You are so creative! I wouldn't have thought to do flashcards, I need to remember that! Enjoy your snow, we have none here in SC. You could ship a truck full, though, that would be great ;-)
I wish I would have known, I'd have sent you my Winter Olympics Bingo I created.
Looking forward to Tuesday.
BLessings,
Em
Love the Olympics activities! We didn't do much with them, but Sophie decided that she wants to do the luge!! Yikes!
Love those bracelets! So cool...I have to show my girls:) Rifle club looks like fun too. Going to try to link up tomorrow with a recipe! I've been missing it every week:)
Those bracelets are super-cool! I've never seen such complicated ones. I shall show my daughter. Her rainbow loom hasn't been out for a long time!
Post a Comment