Thursday, August 29, 2013

Our visit to the Rainforest Cafe

On Wednesday evening, after a day of rain and being indoors, we wanted to find something different and fun for the kiddos to do.  Hubby found a website of "kid friendly" venues of all types.  I perused the site and found the Rainforest Cafe in nearby Atlantic City.



What fun!  When you step into the restaurant, you feel like you literally have stepped into a rainforest.  From the waterfalls and thunderstorms (yes, it storms every half hour or so!) to the moving animals with sound all around you, you are there.  It is truly authentic and the kiddos (and their parents, for that matter) were completely enthralled.  There were even added touches as drinking glasses that sparkled and "volcanoes" for dessert.  Much fun and a highly recommended outing if there is a Rainforest Cafe in your area of the country.  :-)















Linking up with Field Trip Friday.  Come and share about a special outing you have had with your family.  It opens at 5am Eastern.

Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Home to 4 Kiddos by Email and get our posts sent right to your inbox!

8 comments:

Chris said...

Wow! What a great evening it seems that you had!!
Each pic is better than the one before!
I have only been to RFCafe on a field trip with my class after studying the RF ( about 14 years ago b.c it was before Kev was born ) and honestly, it was so darn stressful, given the noise, the kids' activity level ( why I took this class, I've no idea...they were a difficult bunch) who couldn't eat what, who was allergic to what...forget it. They had a great time, but I left a frazzled wreck. SO, you've reintroduced me to going back! Tho there are none around here...Ill keep my eyes open for when we travel.
Thanks for sharing!
xoxoxoxo
Enjoy your last days at the shore....you must be so sad to leave.

Deanna Lyn said...

The rainforest cafe is truly amazing place, So glad to see you having so much fun..I have been a few times to the one in Las Vegas and always have the best time ever. Nice photos !

Karen said...

I had to laugh when I saw the picture of the ceiling. We have been to that Rainforest Cafe many, many times (Love their BBQ pizza!) and I never once noticed that there were clouds on the ceiling. All I ever saw were all the vines, branches and butterflies. In fact, I never noticed the ceilings in the other RFCs we've visited either. I guess I'll have to look a bit more carefully next time we go there. LOL!

laughinglioness.lisa@gmail.com said...

That looks like a blast! I've never heard of a "Rainforest Cafe" before but I'll be on the look-out now! Fun times!

Unknown said...

I remember visiting the Rainforest Café many years ago at Walt Disney World. It was really neat and lots of fun. Looks like you guys had a good times as well. Have a great weekend.
Blessings
Diane

Miranda Hupp said...

What fun!

Lexi said...

That is such a fun place!! I've been there several times. My kids were terrified of the "thunderstorms" in the restaurant. :)

k balman said...

Love that restaurant. I wish more restaurants were fun like that.