Friday, August 16, 2013

Homeschool Mother's Journal/Weekly Wrap-Up August 16



This week has been centered around us getting ready for vacation. We leave on Saturday and the kids cannot contain their excitement.  :-)

It is MUCH work to prepare, as my parents rented an apartment, so we need to take everything but the kitchen sink!  :-)  It is a necessity, though, for a family our size, to have a place with a kitchen.  Who could afford 3 meals a day for their whole family for an entire vacation?  Not only does it have a kitchen, but a washer and dryer (yay! no dirty laundry once we get home) and a pool.(The unit also overlooks the beach.  I could just live on that balcony.  The view alone is a vacation!)  The kids have been very helpful to me as I have been packing as you can see in the photo below.

and this is just the non-cold food and kitchen items!

Even though it has been a busy packing week, it has also been a busy blogging week.  :-)  On Monday, I posted about the A+ Interactive Math Kindle Fire Giveaway.  It is still open and you can enter by clicking here.  Don't forget to attend the Facebook party on Friday night for a lot more prizes.

What would Tuesday be without recipe sharing?  :-)  My daughter surprised us all with Zebra Brownies this week.  They were so tasty and literally didn't last more than an hour in this house.  :-)  Come see her recipe and all of those that were shared here for Try a New Recipe Tuesday.


On Wednesday, I shared about our curriculum for this coming school year.  You can read all about it here.


Thankful Thursday is just that, a time to remember some of the smaller things for which one is grateful.  I shared about mine here.


And, I am very excited to be co-hosting "Field Trip Friday!"  I look forward to reading about everyone's adventures.  Be sure to come over and linkup a favorite trip or outing or just to read some of the posts.  Click here to join in the fun.


Let's see, what else took place during this hectic week?  Here goes: Sewing lessons, orthodontic work, Civil Air Patrol, bike riding, swimming, organizing of school supplies and books, shopping, church.....Phew.....Sounds like we need a vacation!  :-)  :-)

I look forward to posting photos of the beach in a couple of days.  Stay tuned!  Until then, have a wonderful weekend and God bless!


Linking up today with:  Homeschool Mother's JournalWeekly Wrap-UpNOBHShow-Off FridayLearn and Link and It's a WrapFriendship Friday and Friday Connection and Family Fun Friday and T.G.I.F. Linky Party

Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Home to 4 Kiddos by Email and get our posts sent right to your inbox!

2 comments:

Leah Courtney said...

Have a good time on vacation! We've started renting a house too when we travel. A hotel room is too small, and food out every meal is too expensive. We eat at the house, do laundry, and spend much less money!

Anonymous said...

Wow... It's definitely been a busy week over at your place.
Wishing you a great vacation, take many pictures to share with all of us.