Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Wordless Wednesday- June 26

Ok, again, it will be almost wordless, lol!  :-)  We recently participated in NASA's MoonKam project!  (and are excited about the extended mission that will start in August).  Children were able to request photos of specific coordinates on the moon and the NASA moon-orbiting satellite took each photo and they were sent to us when complete.  Here are a sample of the photos my kiddos requested.  Check out the ones with the Earth-rise in the background!  The others were the coordinates of where some of the landings were in the 1960s.  Too incredible for words!  :-)










I cannot add the other photos as my laptop crashed tonight.  :-(  Thank God, I was able to get everything backed up to an external hard-drive in time.  Just the thought of losing all of my precious photos was devastating.  But, emergency averted.  Yay!  :-) I hope everyone has a happy Wednesday!  :-)

8 comments:

Jen-Marie @ Catholic Inspired said...

Wow! That is sooooo cool!!! Thanks for sharing! And good luck with your computer. God Bless.

Carrie said...

I love these! Isn't our world amazing! I know it won't ever happen, but I'd secretly love to see the earth from space :) I'm so sorry to hear about your laptop but relieved you didn't lose any data, especially all the photos!

Unknown said...

I love these photos - how cool and amazing!!

Sorry that your laptop crashed, but so glad that everything was backed up!

Anonymous said...

that is so, so cool!!!!

Karen said...

Lisa this was such an amazing opportunity for you all. I LOVE the pictures. Thank you for posting more of them. Happy 'mostly wordless' Wednesday. :)

Allison said...

That is very cool!

Unknown said...

Great photos. Do you have some budding astronomers in your family? Thanks for linking up with us at NOBH.

cassandrasminicorner said...

This is very interesting.. Thank's for sharing:)

Visiting for Wordless Wednesday- hope you can stop by..

http://www.mommys4seasonsjourney.com/2012/06/wordless-wednesday-dead-butterfly.html