Sunday, June 24, 2012

Make Life Meaningful Monday- June 25

It seems everywhere I go, or with every blog I read, I am reminded to slow down, appreciate the "little" moments, and even the noise, as when the children and grown and gone, the silence will be deafening...  Sad to think about, but it does make me all the more appreciative and mindful of the beauty of the simplest of moments and just how meaningful they really are...

like my sons playing a game of catch in the yard




or my son and daughter being so amazed over fireflies.  That priceless innocence and wonder. 



There was also the playdate on Sunday (rescheduled from Friday due to rain) and how well our 9 children get along together.  :-)


I cannot help but think that we as adults, are somehow cheating ourselves out of the joys of life by not sharing in their childlike awe.  I will strive to be more like them, appreciate the "little" things more and stop more often from the "busyness" of life to enjoy the everyday moments.

Thanks to my bloggy friends Jenn and Nikki for their inspirational posts this past week that really encouraged me in this regard.

Linking up with Michelle at Make Life Meaningful Monday and Wisdom Wednesday at a Mother's Heritage.  Come over and share what makes your life meaningful this day.  :-)

9 comments:

Michelle @ Changed By The Maker said...

Sorry about the missing link-up! I contemplated putting just the link-up there, but I truly wanted the the time off.

Loved your post -- we just have to keep trying to pay attention to the moments as they fly by!

Thanks for your faithful posting schedule, Lisa Don't you every take a break?

Nikki @ Simplystriving said...

So glad you're joining me on the journey of discovering childlike wonder -- and never taking it for granted!

Beautiful post, friend!

Jen said...

I totally agree with you. I think about how I will miss those times when he is about to drive me crazy with the up and down and jumping and yelling ;) I love it and will totally miss it!!

Karen said...

I so agree Lisa. It is all about the simple things. I think you always manage to remember that beautifully. I do find that we mainly lead a simpler life. Last week showed me how badly I deal with stress. I just thank God that that is a rarity and not the norm.

Happy Monday!

Carrie said...

I wholeheartedly agree, Lisa! This has been a key lesson and I struggle with ignoring the chores and simply enjoying the moments. Lifelong process, I presume :) My littlest shares my bed in the middle of the night and I hate to bring him back to his own room because I know one day, he'll no longer want to cuddle! We too are enjoying the fireflies! Blessings to you.

Unknown said...

I am learning to embrace these moments, which fly by all too quickly. So glad that you are embracing them as well!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post, Lisa:) Thanks for the mention too! Blessings to you as you enjoy every single day with your precious kiddos!

Sennie said...

Very true... It is good to stop and count our blessings on a regular basis<3

Christina said...

Fireflies are an essential part of childhood, aren't they? And enjoying those moments with our kids, in the end, it's what matters most. Thanks for this encouragement! www.toshowthemjesus.com